Retained List

Sheffield Wednesday will be offering new contracts to Lewis Buxton, Jermaine Johnson and James O'Connor.

The club will issue the new contract offers to the players and their agents in due course.

Tommy Miller and Richard Hinds, meanwhile, will not be offered new deals.

The Owls would like to thank Tommy and Richard for their services and wish them well for the future.

Manager gary megson said: "There are always difficult decisions to make and if I can help Tommy and Richard in any way possible, I will be more than happy to do so."

Loan recruits Rob Jones, Danny Batth and Neil Mellor have returned to their parent clubs and Wednesday would also like to thank the trio for their services.

I think it's good news that Miller won't be retained, he's a decent player, so I can only assume that we'll be looking for someone even better.

Yet we offer JOC a deal.

Unbelievable.

I'm well and truly gobsmacked.

Guest Willyowl

Here's hoping we will try to bring RJones, Batth and Mellor back on permanent deals. What are the chances of that do we think?

Is this refering to the ones who's contracts expires? or does this mean that the likes of teale, sedgwick and potter are stayinG??

surely there has to be more leaving FFS!!! if there isant illl be very pissed off!!!!

Edited by owls85

Guest barlborough owl

JOC gets a contract and Miller doesn't thats mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Despite his upturn in form under Megson I was hoping for something better then O'Connor.

I shouldn't be disappointed as my head knows he'll be steady for us under Megson next year, but my heart want's something a bit more exciting in the centre of the park.