Lee Hughes

Guest intercity0wl

Footballers can be a bunch of cheating, lying, smarmy, overpaid boobies regulary indulging in adultery, gambling, drinking and drug taking. One more won't hurt and could seriously help our cause.

The fans you sit next to again can be aggressive, idiotic, violent law breakers.

I'm comfortable with that because if Hughes scored the goal that sealed promotion I would be bouncing all over the Kop in jubilation not caring what he had done and also not being a hypocritical martyr.

The community won't get us promoted but Hughes might be able to.

Could not have put it better.

Lee Hughes went out got un-workable through drink and tried to drive. The moment he did that was like going out on a shooting spree knowing he could hit anyone that got in his way.

I have been on the end of someone who only cares about their selves on the road and really have strong views which i wont go into.

He doesnt deserve a big name club to sign him and i hope he rots in the lower leagues. I wont be happy if we sign him!

If that's your opinion then you are entitled to it

I happen to disagree.

WTF?? Have I violated you or something? But thank you anyway for entitling me to my opinion, although I was already aware of my entitlement.

I asked you, what with this being a forum for people to exchange their views, what you meant by the word 'normal' in the context of a 'normal life'.

I'm surprised you seem so defensive about that.

WTF?? Have I violated you or something? But thank you anyway for entitling me to my opinion, although I was already aware of my entitlement.

I asked you, what with this being a forum for people to exchange their views, what you meant by the word 'normal' in the context of a 'normal life'.

I think it seems pretty obvious what is meant by normal in this situation.

You seem to want to split hairs over the issue, and I think it's more serious than that.

I'm not going to waste time debating something that is an either/or situation.

That doesnt make much sense.

What don't you get? Oldham Atheletic Tinpot for signing in the first place, Notts County Tinpot for the transfer You become automatically Tinpot when you sign lee hughes. He killed one person and arguably contributed greatly to to the death of another. If you sign him say he'll be on £1000 a week if you got promoted he can expect £5000 a week. thats putting back into the position he was in before he destroyed a family. All with a children's hospital logo on his shirt eh.

Shame those murdered by the tw@t won't get a second chance.

1. It wasn't murder

2. Dont be so quick to judge. He made a mistake and paid the price. He'll be paying the price the rest of his life. It was a horrible tradgedy, but in the end it WAS a mistake and a major lack of judgement by him. I wonder how I'd react in that situation? Hard to tell. The fear, remorse, revultion etc... The guy didn't plan a flipping murder, he was an idiot and unfortunately many peoples lives have been affected and have paid for it. Many people have done it and it's not ended in those same tragic circumstances, they should be treated the same as Lee Hughes because at the end of the day its the same crime, only Lee Hughes hit someone. The fact a person died clouds peoples judgement here. I be most would have taken him if he'd just got done for drink driving...

Edited by Apple

I think the attitude of the callers who have been on FH so far is horrible.

If the human race was as unforgiving and unrelenting as alot of the people on here and the people who ring up FH, the world would be a flipping nasty place. Some severe judges out there.

People make mistakes. People are selfish. It happens.

But he is remorseful. He regrets. Everyone deserves the chance to make amends.

Anyway, I don't want him because we don't need more strikers. We need midfielders. That's all.

You both have put your opinions across.

normal life his like me and you, we go to work and are not in the spot light

footballers are role models because they are watched by millions of kids a big difference if you ask me.

1. It wasn't murder

2. Dont be so quick to judge. He made a mistake and paid the price. He'll be paying the price the rest of his life. It was a horrible tradgedy, but in the end it WAS a mistake and a major lack of judgement by him. I wonder how I'd react in that situation? Hard to tell. The fear, remorse, revultion etc... The guy didn't plan a flipping murder, he was an idiot and unfortunately many peoples lives have been affected and have paid for it. Many people have done it and it's not ended so tragicly, they should be treated the same as Lee Hughes because at the end of the day its the same crime, only Lee Hughes hit someone. The fact a person died clouds peoples judgement here. I be most would have taken him if he'd just got done for drink driving...

He ran from the scene, leaving that poor bloke to die.

That is even worse than getting in the car pissed IMO.