Lee Hughes

So you would be quite happy seeing him in a blue and white shirt that had the Sheffield Children Hospital logo on?

I don't want him wearing the shirt that I am so proud to wear!

I'm a fickle football fan Jonny! We all are, and he's a very good footballer.

Bertie Mee said to Bill Shankly

"have you heard of the Northbank Highbury"

He said "No i don't think so"

But i heard that THe Wednesday signed

Shipman on loan

Reggie Kray said to brother Ron

have you heard who The Wednesday have just signed on

He said "Yes i'll have a guess "

"is it fvckin' Adolf Hitler and Rudolph Hess?"

He is scum, pure and simple

He should not be allowed anywhere near the club I support.

He did not make a mistake, he made decisions - he decided to drive when drunk and to run away and leave a man to die

lets hope that any of your kids never do anything stupid...that goes for all of you...let him on here without sin cast the first stone...oh I forgot none of you ever fvcked up...unbelievable

If my son had done what he did, aswell as showing the same lack of remorse, I would find it hard to even look him in the eye.

I for one don't want Lee Hughes at Hillsborough, and cannot condone what he's done but why are people saying he has shown no remorse? Do you mean on the football pitch?

He destroyed a family, left the scene, pleaded not not guilty, showed no remorse during the trial and was high during sentencing.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I for one don't want Lee Hughes at Hillsborough, and cannot condone what he's done but why are people saying he has shown no remorse? Do you mean on the football pitch?

So you believe in rehabilitation, but just not for sportsmen.

And what does 'worked back into society' actually mean?

To answer the second point first, it means not throwing people back on the street with no skills and no prospects and basically no route in life other than crime.

To answer your second point, I believe in rehabilitation for sportsmen if they break sporting rules; whilst I wouldn't let Dwain Chambers run in the Olympics, I have no problem with his representing Team GB in other events. However I do not believe that a crime of the magnitude of Hughes' is compatible with a job where potentially thousands of young children will want his name on their shirts or to sing a song for him. Hughes could very easily have quietly retired, retrained and be living a normal life out of the spotlight. That would be rehabilitation, the word does not mean getting your old job back.

To answer the second point first, it means not throwing people back on the street with no skills and no prospects and basically no route in life other than crime.

To answer your second point, I believe in rehabilitation for sportsmen if they break sporting rules; whilst I wouldn't let Dwain Chambers run in the Olympics, I have no problem with his representing Team GB in other events. However I do not believe that a crime of the magnitude of Hughes' is compatible with a job where potentially thousands of young children will want his name on their shirts or to sing a song for him. Hughes could very easily have quietly retired, retrained and be living a normal life out of the spotlight. That would be rehabilitation, the word does not mean getting your old job back.

Nail on the head.

Instead, the callous illegitimate winds up opposition supporters, and offers to fight opposing players.

A part of our club will die if we sign that idiot.

And its Crippen..Crippen inside to Shipman...Shipman beats one man (Admittedly fairly old)..and switches out on the wing to West..West cuts inside...(Err..well just cuts really)

and swings it out wide to Sutcliffe...Sutcliffe hammers it into the midfield, where Bundy takes it neatly on his instep and feeds Lecter...Lecter looks around...(I presume he's fractured a cheekbone cos he's wearin' onna them mask thingies) and rolls the ball out to Christie...signed from Rillington.... who attempts a "body" swerve and deftly touches the ball on to Vlad the fvckin' Impaler...who races down the line and crosses to find THE RADIATOR..no sorry the MOATIVATOR...

1. It wasn't murder

2. Dont be so quick to judge. He made a mistake and paid the price. He'll be paying the price the rest of his life. It was a horrible tradgedy, but in the end it WAS a mistake and a major lack of judgement by him. I wonder how I'd react in that situation? Hard to tell. The fear, remorse, revultion etc... The guy didn't plan a flipping murder, he was an idiot and unfortunately many peoples lives have been affected and have paid for it. Many people have done it and it's not ended in those same tragic circumstances, they should be treated the same as Lee Hughes because at the end of the day its the same crime, only Lee Hughes hit someone. The fact a person died clouds peoples judgement here. I be most would have taken him if he'd just got done for drink driving...

This is the last I'll say on it. Why the hell shouldn't I judge him? He didn't make a mistake. he chose to get loaded, he chose to.drive, he chose to leave the scene, he chose to wait 36 hours before handing himself in so whatever substance it was, was clear of his bloodstream. He chose to plead not guilty, He chose to show no remorse, he chose to get high in the cells during sentencing thus addding 6 months to his sentence.

Please defend this? Because I'm a Baggie and I f****** can't