Lee Hughes

They'll be stuff going on in The Dressing Room (the real dressing room) that we don't and will never know about

There was chaos in the 93' dressing room for professional and personal reasons which is why professional footballers can rise above it.

Sheridan banging Nilsson's missus?

Which isn't true, of course, but is that the kind of thing you mean?

His football ability is secondary when we discuss the ethics of the man, we were all up in arms when Bowyer and Woodgate assaulted the Asian lad, we were wanting blood when Marlon King beat and sexually assaulted a young lass now, their footballing abilities never came into question, two of those players have played at the top level for many a year and have made many multi million pound transfers however quite simply put they are complete scum.

Same with Hughes, the fact that he killed a man through his selfishness and latterly drunkeness isn't the issue it was the fact that he ran off from the scene like the coward he is, then 3 years later he gets back into his normal life and all the time he's still a two hat (ask people in Oldham about his lovely behaviour), he should not be back in the game at all IMHO he should still be locked up or at least onlly just been released. If he comes to Hillsborough I will roundly boo his every touch, call him a coward and general abuse the flip out of him so he gets the message.

Jesus wept are we goning to be hypocrites and welcome him with open arms just 4 months after branding him a murderer?

Not only did the bloke die in the car crash, his wife who was in the car with him died 14 months later from complication from the the injuries she received. Bowyer Woodgate and King have all done shameful things the Former two were lucky with the rules of subjudicy. They have however never been involved in a situation where somebody's died because their actions. Sheffield Wednesday claims to to be a 'Big Club' the very notion that if you sign Hughes and get promoted back to the Championship you've returned hlm to place where his was before this happened craps quite rightly over that claim.

Not only did the bloke die in the car crash, his wife who was in the car with him died 14 months later from complication from the the injuries she received. Bowyer Woodgate and King have all done shameful things the Former two were lucky with the rules of subjudicy. They have however never been involved in a situation where somebody's died because their actions. Sheffield Wednesday claims to to be a 'Big Club' the very notion that if you sign Hughes and get promoted back to the Championship you've returned hlm to place where his was before this happened craps quite rightly over that claim.

That doesnt make much sense.

im not sure why everyone is moaning about the 200k for a 34yr old, its hardly a huge sum is it

if he scores the goals to get us promotion then its one of the buys of the season

True,

But if he doesnt, its a reasonable sum of money wasted on some dirty vermin that nobody can stand, who will be 35 next season and pretty useless if we were to actually make the championship

Think it would be a poor poor signing, for so many reasons, and not just because I hate him.

To pay a fee for a 34 year old is a strange decision by anybody's standards, unless its David Beckham.

The obvious reasons e.g I feel he should not be given the chance to play for such a great club, after the things he's done, he'll be on a big wage that i do not feel he deserves.

Also, from a fans point of view, having seen a few people already saying they wouldnt fancy going to the games whilst he was here, there is enough division between fans regarding Irvine and various players we have now, and enough people not wanting to go to hillsborough for various on pitch reasons, do we really need a player that could run the risk ( a minimal risk ) of turning away even more supporters, would we not prefer a signing that would put "bums on seats"

I accept that it could be a winning decision, he could fire us to the championship, but for me, he could also turn out to be the worst signing we ever make and i really hope he never gets a blue and white shirt.

Lee Hughes was an idiot for doing what he did. But that is just the point, they were the actions of an idiot.

Now if we were being linked to Marlon King I would seriously have to consider supporting a club that could offer a contract to someone who is quite simply a nasty piece of work.

Having said that, still don't want Hughes any where near my club thank you very much

H

Forget the fact it's Lee Hughes for a while 2 things;

1) We don't need a 5th Striker,

2) I don't think 200k should be spent on a 34year old.

Granted he has hit 7 goals in 10 games but with a packed fixture list, I doubt he'd be able to play Saturday, Tuesday every week!

And 2 questions I'd like to ask is,

1) Is this an MM signing or AI singing?

and

2) Is this a sign of AI getting desperate?

Edited by jonnyowl

So if he gets us 30 goals and we go up it's ok he killed someone? So how many goals does a rapist need to score for us so you can appease your consciences? How many assists from a paedophile? He's scum, we should have nothing to do with him, end of.