Lee Hughes

I don't want him anywhere near our club

but some people calling him a murderer, what he did is disgusting but i don't think he went out thinking he was going to kill someone.

yeah your right he didnt, but he happily fuked off and left someone to die. absolute scum, id be fuming if we actually signed him.

I'm just starting to cut Irvine a bit of slack with the recent signings, if we sign Lee Hughes, it's Irvine Out hostilities from me resuming, and if Heffernan goes, Irvine can f*ck right off as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by marconi

What a goal by Hughes on his debut as he secures his hat trick.

But the crowd remain silent.

Can't see it happening myself.

Sadly you're probably right. I will celebrate any goal scored by Wednesday no doubt about that, but I will never enjoy seeing him in our blue and white and certainly not delight in seeing him scoring for us, ever. Despite what he did he still has the right to make a living in his career like anyone else, but for me absolutely not a chance at Wednesday.

So if he gets us 30 goals and we go up it's ok he killed someone? So how many goals does a rapist need to score for us so you can appease your consciences? How many assists from a paedophile? He's scum, we should have nothing to do with him, end of.

Ah!!! THAT tackle!

The only thing that has disgusted me is the attitude on here!!!

He was convicted of a crime, now it may be that really the only crime was to have been a coward and run away! Someone died in a car accident, this happens every day!! Do the survivors go to prison? No!

He was convicted of causing death by dangerous driving and recieved a long sentence for the time based upon who he was!

He did not go out to kill someone that evening, this really could happen to anyone who, for whatever reason, loses control of a vehicle momentarily and hits another!

Even if you disagree with all the above, the fact of the matter is, he has recieved his punishment as required by law, who are you to decide that his punishment wasn't enough?

That all said, he's too old and we don't want him!

No it really couldn't , it couldn't happen to me because there is nothing and i do mean nothing that woul;d persuade me to get behind the wheel of a car drunk.

...........................and though its never used Causing death by dangerous driving could result in a 14year sentence Hughes received 6 years so his sentence wasn't unduly long as he also left the scene and as well as killing the guy also seriously injured 2 passengers .

Sure he has served his lenient sentence but i for one don't want a killer representing my club.

I think if we were to sign him I think the chances of us getting promoted would become seriously likely because he knows where the goal is - he's still too good for League 1 really despite his age imo.

But I'd hope we wouldn't have to stoop so low and sign such a player and hope the current strikers we have could do the business.

And what I'm saying is criminals should have a second chance at a normal life - not a life where they are paid a huge amount of money to do a couple of hours work a day as a celebrity.

Define normal?

Surely being a footballer is what is normal for Lee Hughes given this is what he did before he went into jail.