Lee Hughes

Guest Kevin.Keegan

http://www.independe...rge-556002.html

Once is a mistake maybe, but this c*** had a previous conviction for drink driving. He did not even have the b******* to stay and help the guy he killed, the cowardly b****** ran away leaving a dad of four to die, where's that poor guys second chance?

I don't want to see this b****** anywhere near my club, if he does he can expect the murdering chants from the group i sit with

Half past 7 news on RS had a small piece with AI with him saying an enquiry had been made and it was made on footballing reasons, he understands that fans have been negative about the news but that this will not be taken into account. :ohmy:

http://www.independe...rge-556002.html

Once is a mistake maybe, but this c*** had a previous conviction for drink driving. He did not even have the b******* to stay and help the guy he killed, the cowardly b****** ran away leaving a dad of four to die, where's that poor guys second chance?

I don't want to see this b****** anywhere near my club, if he does he can expect the murdering chants from the group i sit with

Right, the other day I posted that I could not think of any circumstance where I would boo one of our own players.

If the deal goes through I can sadly say I have now found one.

Half past 7 news on RS had a small piece with AI with him saying an enquiry had been made and it was made on footballing reasons, he understands that fans have been negative about the news but that this will not be taken into account. :ohmy:

How much would we lose in gate receipts if we signed him? I'm pretty sure it will end up being more than the £200k we would spend on him.

Total madness.

He also says that the enquiry was made before the Madine signing, and it sounds like our interest has now ended.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/owls/Purse39s-goodbye-to-Owls.6697796.jp?

There are understandably some strong opinions on this matter and I am proud we have fans with such a moral backbone who oppose this move.

I must say I am equally looking forward to the howls of protests if Milan Mandaric is found guilty of tax evasion to the tune of around 100k - incidentally the same sum give or take a grand or so as it costs to run a hospital bed for a year (with the resulting lives being saved). It is reassuring that we will not tolerate £1 of MM's money should he be found guilty.

How much would we lose in gate receipts if we signed him? I'm pretty sure it will end up being more than the £200k we would spend on him.

Total madness.

Its not just that for me, think of the atmosphere in the ground, hundreds ( if not more ) of fans booing their own colours, not the way forward at all.

There are understandably some strong opinions on this matter and I am proud we have fans with such a moral backbone who oppose this move.

I must say I am equally looking forward to the howls of protests if Milan Mandaric is found guilty of tax evasion to the tune of around 100k - incidentally the same sum give or take a grand or so as it costs to run a hospital bed for a year (with the resulting lives being saved). It is reassuring that we will not tolerate £1 of MM's money should he be found guilty.

If Milan Mandaric is found guilty of tax evasion I will be extremely angry and would expect him to face the proper punishment.

What's your point?

If Milan Mandaric is found guilty of tax evasion I will be extremely angry and would expect him to face the proper punishment.

What's your point?

Will you stop attending games and protest against his involvement with the club (as many have threatened to do if we sign Hughes)?

Any business that fails to listen to its customers needs to have a very serious rethink!

Jesus rumbleing Christ.

1.The two crimes are incomparable.

2.It might be an idea to see if MM is found guilty before you stsrt spouting about hospital beds, you rumbleing clown.

Its not happening don't worry:

Irvine has also dismissed claims that he is signing Lee Hughes from Notts County for £200,000. He did confirm that he made an inquiry - but that was before he filled a striker vacancy by buying Gary Madine.

On Hughes, he said: "He was among many players that we were simply seeking information about. We didn't make any offer and we were told he wasn't available."

The Owls have also been told by Brentford that winger Myles Weston is not for sale: "We asked about him. They said he wasn't for sale. If they don't want to sell him, then we move on."

Irvine has also been linked with Leicester winger or forward Danny N'Guessan: "We're aware of him but we're not close to signing him."

Taken from the Star.

Yeh cos the 2 crimes are comparable aren't they...

You absolute fookwit.

Your own moral compass may say they are not comparable but the law disagrees

Tax evasion - max 7 years inside

Death by careless driving - max 5 years inside

So in some ways you are right - according to the law tax evasion is more serious.

Signing Lee Hughes would be a real kick in the danglers for the club's reputation, and seems to go against everything we have been trying to promote at the club with community links, Childrens Hospital sponsorship etc.

The man is utter scum. People argue he has "served his time", but IMHO the "time" a man should serve for drink driving, speeding through an urban area, killing someone, then running away with complete disregard for the victim is several magnitudes greater than the paltry couple of years he has spent behind bars. Contrary to what other posters have suggested, these are NOT things that "any one of us" would do. They are the actions of utter vermin, and to have even a penny of the club's (our) money go into the pocket of such worthless filth would be unforgivable.

I find it hard to believe Irvine and Mandarić would even consider such a divisive signing...

Milan - for the good of everyone concerned, please knock this one on the head.

Edited by Wise_Owl