Lee Hughes

And its Crippen..Crippen inside to Shipman...Shipman beats one man (Admittedly fairly old)..and switches out on the wing to West..West cuts inside...(Err..well just cuts really)

and swings it out wide to Sutcliffe...Sutcliffe hammers it into the midfield, where Bundy takes it neatly on his instep and feeds Lecter...Lecter looks around...(I presume he's fractured a cheekbone cos he's wearin' onna them mask thingies) and rolls the ball out to Christie...signed from Rillington.... who attempts a "body" swerve and deftly touches the ball on to Vlad the fvckin' Impaler...who races down the line and crosses to find THE RADIATOR..no sorry the MOATIVATOR...

I can sense you're trying to get a point across, Andy...........fooked if I know what it is though. :biggrin:

Guest Sniper1

Interesting debate.

Im stuck in the middle to be honest.

If Lee Hughes was a family member of mine then i would hope people would accept that he's done his time and give it a rest, never forget, just give it a rest let him get on with his life.

However, if i was close or involved with the family who lost someone i would probably be the other way, a life for a life.

I am none of the above and understand that we all make mistakes, this is football and he's a decent player, i will never respect him but i will give him my support as a footballer and not as a man.

Ive stayed out of the debate so far but this is my twopeneth, purely for football reasons I dont want him here. He will add nothing to the team that we already have. we have four very capable strikers already and frankly the £200,000 transfer fee would be a complete waste. he would be here for six months before being released.

We have suffered in the past buying old players (no matter how good) with poor re-sale value and if we purchase this player it effectives states that we have learned nothing from our past 12 years of trouble. It makes no buisness sense and infact no footballing sense.

This is before we even think about his criminal past and the trouble this could cause.

I can appreciate both sides of the arguement here but essentially do we a) want our club to associated with someone with this history / background and b) do we need to sign an ageing striker when we're almost spoilt for choice now?

My answer to both of those questions is no.

I don't usually post but am motivated to right now.

Whilst I accept that we live in a society where someone can do wrong, break the law, accept the consequences and have a second chance; I don't want that second chance to involve playing for Sheffield Wednesday. I could not applaud the successes of such a player - I could not enjoy a Lee Hughes goal, no matter what the significance of it, because of the actions that man took and the appalling disregard for the lives of others.

I don't go as often as a quite a few of the people on this board, but I do choose to put my money into the club, and if Lee Hughes signs I will choose not to. I couldn't bring myself to contribute, directly or indirectly, to his pay packet - so I wont.

I think the Chairman and Manager would be making a mistake by pursuing this because frankly, if Lee Hughes was the difference between the Championship and League One, I'd rather have League One.

I don't usually post but am motivated to right now.

Whilst I accept that we live in a society where someone can do wrong, break the law, accept the consequences and have a second chance; I don't want that second chance to involve playing for Sheffield Wednesday. I could not applaud the successes of such a player - I could not enjoy a Lee Hughes goal, no matter what the significance of it, because of the actions that man took and the appalling disregard for the lives of others.

I don't go as often as a quite a few of the people on this board, but I do choose to put my money into the club, and if Lee Hughes signs I will choose not to. I couldn't bring myself to contribute, directly or indirectly, to his pay packet - so I wont.

I think the Chairman and Manager would be making a mistake by pursuing this because frankly, if Lee Hughes was the difference between the Championship and League One, I'd rather have League One.

I tend to agree mate...We do not need him or his baggage.....He would not make the difference between us and a Championship spot this season, we have the players to do that..Whether we have the coach is open to question..

Leave it alone Wednesday, the pros and cons of such a signing are negligable...

Ive stayed out of the debate so far but this is my twopeneth, purely for football reasons I dont want him here. He will add nothing to the team that we already have. we have four very capable strikers already and frankly the £200,000 transfer fee would be a complete waste. he would be here for six months before being released.

We have suffered in the past buying old players (no matter how good) with poor re-sale value and if we purchase this player it effectives states that we have learned nothing from our past 12 years of trouble. It makes no buisness sense and infact no footballing sense.

This is before we even think about his criminal past and the trouble this could cause.

i saw it earlier and thought it was a load of b*llox, until i saw a quote from irvine related to it...WHAT THE F*CK DO WE WANT ANOTHER OLD BLOKE UP FRONT FOR, WE HAVE 2 ALREADY AND ARE FINDING IT DIFFICULT TO CREATE ENOUGH SCORING CHANCES...i can hardly believe it...in football a good ball is one passed to arrive in front of the target player at a comfortable distance away from him to allow him to control it without breaking stride...our midfield have to pass it directly to the forwards feet, 'cos they have no pace, and are generally not on the move...THEN HE WANTS TO BUY SOME F*CKER AT 34...we'd be better looking at the bloke or blokes notts. county have who are putting it on the boot laces of this old man for him to score...I WOULD BE VERY UNSURE ABOUT TAKING HIM ON A FREE...GET A GRIP IRVINE...

Edited by dnhc

Guest swfcbarmyarmy

He's the exact opposite to what Mandaric is looking for, it would be a waste of money for a player who hasnt got long until he retires from playing football.

This is the last I'll say on it. Why the hell shouldn't I judge him? He didn't make a mistake. he chose to get loaded, he chose to.drive, he chose to leave the scene, he chose to wait 36 hours before handing himself in so whatever substance it was, was clear of his bloodstream. He chose to plead not guilty, He chose to show no remorse, he chose to get high in the cells during sentencing thus addding 6 months to his sentence.

Please defend this? Because I'm a Baggie and I f****** can't

This Sums up the b*stard!