I don't fear Huddersfield

Been thinking about this one and some of the comments from their fanbase recently about lack of confidence and gotta say I fancy us to absolutely hammer Huddersfield home and away.

I think it will be one of the most one sided, easiest semi finals in many years

We'll breeze past em and onto better things

No disrespect to Huddersfield but they're on a downward spiral just as we have hit form with our first team players

Winner.

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Been thinking about this one and some of the comments from their fanbase recently about lack of confidence and gotta say I fancy us to absolutely hammer Huddersfield home and away.

No disrespect to Huddersfield but they're on a downward spiral just as we have hit form with our first team players

Winner.

Can't stand this attitude. 

It'll be harder than the Brighton tie this, players and fans alike need to be on top form.

20 minutes ago, Ryan the owl said:

Can't stand this attitude. 

It'll be harder than the Brighton tie this, players and fans alike need to be on top form.

Give over.

It'll still be tough though. I'm very confident though, over 2 legs, we'll have enough to see off Udds.

I've had nightmares all through last night thinking about the match v Huddersfield; remembering the wild 4-4 match we played once and also bearing in mind how many seem to think we'll suddenly breeze past Huddersfield to the final and that they're in such wretched form.

Well... they've been up there in 3rd spot all year and that's not thanks to wretched form, and we need to take this team seriously or we're not going to Wembley.

Every player, the manager and every fan needs to be on top form going to Huddersfield on Sunday, and it would be nice coming away from there with a good result. A loss is bad, but if so I hope it's narrow and that we do score to get those away goals. A draw is decent and stealing a win would be perfect before Huddersfield come to Fortress Hillsborough next Wednesday. But I'm not taking these matches lightly; there's 3 finals between us and a potential PL promotion, none of these games will be easy.

29 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Winner.

Quite OTT, udders will be no pushover as has no game been for us or any championship team this year, they have not finished top six for nothing, have rested their top players in anticipation of the play offs, our boys and CCs tactics will have to be on the ball, expect some nailbiting moments

4 minutes ago, northernerowl said:

I've had nightmares all through last night thinking about the match v Huddersfield; remembering the wild 4-4 match we played once and also bearing in mind how many seem to think we'll suddenly breeze past Huddersfield to the final and that they're in such wretched form.

Well... they've been up there in 3rd spot all year and that's not thanks to wretched form, and we need to take this team seriously or we're not going to Wembley.

Every player, the manager and every fan needs to be on top form going to Huddersfield on Sunday, and it would be nice coming away from there with a good result. A loss is bad, but if so I hope it's narrow and that we do score to get those away goals. A draw is decent and stealing a win would be perfect before Huddersfield come to Fortress Hillsborough next Wednesday. But I'm not taking these matches lightly; there's 3 finals between us and a potential PL promotion, none of these games will be easy.

Do you manage a Sunday league team by any chance?

4 minutes ago, northernerowl said:

Hull were quite merciless with Derby in the 1st leg last year ;)

True, but Hull were hanging on for grim death for about an hour in the second leg at their place and it did finish closely at 3-2 on aggregate.

You will also recall the Wednesday battered Brighton in the later stages of the first leg and then we got battered (and some) in the early stages of the second leg until that Ross Wallace cross/shot went in completely against the run of play to take the steam out of the game a little.

It's the easiest draw we could have got, which is good. but we've still got to turn up.

1 win, 3 losses in their last 5, they've struggled against the playoff teams (1 win, 5 losses) and that we've already beaten them home and away already are all reasons to be positive.

We can go there knowing we can win.. but we have to make sure we do just that.