Boat missed

Were you clammering for him last season ? Were you wanting him at the start of the season ?

I respectfully suggest that the answer to both the above  questions was NO. So why do you think we would need or indeed want him now ?

If we were in Rotherham's position, then maybe a change at the helm might be useful, but we are in the top 6, why the f**k would you want to change. 

Derby are stuck in a cycle.

As soon as the going gets tough or the players decide they don't like the manager, or both, they know all they need to do is put in a run of poor performances and they will get a clean slate with a new one.

Rinse and repeat.

At least we have someone with some authority who commands some respect.

The players either buy into what he wants to do, or they get out or rot in the reserves.

Sacking CC now would undermine that, regardless of if it did achieve an upturn in results in the short term.

DC will be thinking about the much bigger picture than just recent results/performances.

1 minute ago, nebneeb said:

Derby are stuck in a cycle.

As soon as the going gets tough or the players decide they don't like the manager, or both, they know all they need to do is put in a run of poor performances and they will get a clean slate with a new one.

Rinse and repeat.

At least we have someone with some authority who commands some respect.

The players either buy into what he wants to do, or they get out or rot in the reserves.

Sacking CC now would undermine that, regardless of if it did achieve an upturn in results in the short term.

DC will be thinking about the much bigger picture than just recent results/performances.

I like that point, but what is the bigger picture?

Mr C won't be happy with how much money is going on players transfers and wages who are nowhere near the first team and with very little resale value or chance of being moved on.

It's good to have principles but only the likes of Sheik Mansoor and Roman Abramovich can afford to have principles like that.

Never quite understood the hype for Rowett - his managerial record is two failed play off attempts in League Two with Burton, and a decentish season with Birmingham before being harshly sacked.

Hardly the Messiah is he? We've had our fingers burned before with one season wonders - Wilson, Turner, Jewell, etc.

2 minutes ago, OneDavidHirst said:

I like that point, but what is the bigger picture?

Mr C won't be happy with how much money is going on players transfers and wages who are nowhere near the first team and with very little resale value or chance of being moved on.

It's good to have principles but only the likes of Sheik Mansoor and Roman Abramovich can afford to have principles like that.

The long term direction the club is heading in.

Performances > results > league position is obviously one of the most important aspects.

But it's not the only thing, especially over the really long term.

I've no idea what DC's thoughts on the current situation are.

He's clearly ambitious... He doesn't just want to get promoted, he wants to stay there and compete.

If/when he does decide it's time for a change of manager/coach it will probably be a carefully considered and planned decision, most likely with the replacement already lined up.

It certainly won't be purely down to a spontaneous reaction to a few poor results at a time when promotion is still in our hands.

Clearly this isn't the only way to go about things, it's certainly not the Watford approach.

But I think it is the approach our owner is taking, and I'm happy to back him with supporting his current choice of manager.

52 minutes ago, General_Grievous said:

Rowett looking like next Derby manager - think we've missed the boat with that one

Like we did with Steve Bruce?

No thanks on both counts.

If Carlos does leave we should go all out for the Fulham manager