Boat missed

52 minutes ago, General_Grievous said:

Rowett looking like next Derby manager - think we've missed the boat with that one

Just like when we should have got Bruce or Nigel Pearson? 

If any team should know chopping and changing managers every 3 months for short term success doesn't work, it's Derby County. 

I'm glad we have a more reasoned man in charge of our club. 

Got to think if we scrape up what next season would be like after a 5 nill drubbing at Chelsea on here sack Carlos and bring in Rowett i can't see him being on the agenda.

Evaluate at the end of the season I'm sure that's what Mr Cha will do and see if our future is safe with Carlos and we need another season with the aim to go up automatically with him at the helm or to seek another Manager.

Missed the boat what was it called the fckin Titanic!!

48 minutes ago, nebneeb said:

Derby are stuck in a cycle.

As soon as the going gets tough or the players decide they don't like the manager, or both, they know all they need to do is put in a run of poor performances and they will get a clean slate with a new one.

Rinse and repeat.

At least we have someone with some authority who commands some respect.

The players either buy into what he wants to do, or they get out or rot in the reserves.

Sacking CC now would undermine that, regardless of if it did achieve an upturn in results in the short term.

DC will be thinking about the much bigger picture than just recent results/performances.

This has not just happened at Derby, look at Leicester and Norwich. at both of those clubs the Managers had the respect of the players at one time. If players stop playing for a manager and it can happen at any club, its easier to sack the manager.  

1 minute ago, Jakes Grandad said:

This has not just happened at Derby, look at Leicester and Norwich. at both of those clubs the Managers had the respect of the players at one time. If players stop playing for a manager and it can happen at any club, its easier to sack the manager.  

Those clubs aren't in a cycle of doing it as par for the course of essentially a normal season.

Throwing very real and tangible things like winning the league, or back to back promotion/relegations into the mix makes the situations utterly different.

As I said, there's a much bigger, and longer term picture that I'm pretty certain is what will be paramount to the decisions DC makes.

2 hours ago, alanharper said:

Never quite understood the hype for Rowett - his managerial record is two failed play off attempts in League Two with Burton, and a decentish season with Birmingham before being harshly sacked.

Hardly the Messiah is he? We've had our fingers burned before with one season wonders - Wilson, Turner, Jewell, etc.

That is either harsh or wrong depending on your perspective.

He finished in the play offs two seasons in a row (as you say) - this was an over achievement for a club the size of Burton with their budget.

The next season, he left at the end of October (to join Birmingham) when Burton were top of the league.  Burton went on to finish Champions.  To give him no credit at all for this seems churlish.  That season he also got Birmingham from second to bottom to 10th in the time he was there. 

Last season Birmingham again finished 10th despite having one of the smallest budgets in the division.

This season, they were 7th when they sacked him.  Therefore, I would say for the full 4.5 seasons of his managerial career he has over achieved.

Would we do better with Rowetto in charge? Yes, absolutely. Why? Because he's new, an unknown quantity. New tactics and a new approach are his thing. And our odds of promotion would be better under Rowett than Carlos anyway, simply because we've got no chance under Carlos. Half a loaf is better than no loaf at all. QED.

3 hours ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Rowett won't be with Derby this time next year 

They will have had 5 (FIVE) managers in 13 months FFS! 

" County's next boss will be their fifth in 13 months, following Paul Clement, Darren Wassall, Nigel Pearson and McClaren. "

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39255324

At that rate if DC still wants Rowett, he will be able to get him in the summer.

Deary deary me  G G ...up sheet creek without a paddle ... 

Come on el Kapitain Carlos ......  the best out board motor of them all  .......

woooooshh us up the table captain.

Can't wait for Friday ... when the going gets tuff etc etc.