Boat missed

3 hours ago, General_Grievous said:

Rowett looking like next Derby manager - think we've missed the boat with that one

Lot of negging but if he gets results at Derby, people here will start to change their views.

Shown he can manage conpetetntly  at this level without much investment 

Derby a step up on all levels - Will be interesting...

It's ultimately about results ..all else becomes pretty insignificant in the end analysis.

Edited by Earlsfieldowl

Rowett looking like next Derby manager - think we've missed the boat with that one

Thank god for that

9 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

Lot of negging but if he gets results at Derby, people here will start to change their views.

Shown he can manage conpetetntly  at this level without much investment 

Competent isn't the issue, is he a step up on Carvalhal, not for me. 

You should have realised that you can't discuss potential managers on here.

If they're realistic, the baying OT self proclaimed Defenders of the Club, scream that they are not good enough.

If they decent, they scream that it's unrealistic.

Irony is that it's these lot that always ask the question, who would you replace the current with?

4 hours ago, General_Grievous said:

You'll not be saying that when the f****r sinks with all hands on deck!

Be able to put it with the other sunken wrecks, the Good ship Pearson, and the Good ship Bruce. 

At at least be able to celebrate in 'The

Managerial Hindsight Arms' for a drink or three !!!

Every F*****s an expert in there!!

carlos.thumb.jpg.e72269dd58a26ba0bab606ed6f5057e7.jpg

Find me a manager with a significantly better win rate than CC (and available) and I may consider replacing him...in a few seasons time.

The guy has been in English football just 2 seasons..yes 2 (almost) and defies those that question what he has achieved in the Championship in very short period of time.

Look at the management at other Championship clubs...all have had previous experience of playing and managing in English football..and most certainly in the Championship, which is recognised as one of the toughest leagues in world football...food for thought.

2 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

Would we do better with Rowetto in charge? Yes, absolutely. Why? Because he's new, an unknown quantity. New tactics and a new approach are his thing. And our odds of promotion would be better under Rowett than Carlos anyway, simply because we've got no chance under Carlos. Half a loaf is better than no loaf at all. QED.

"New Tactics and a new approach are his thing".

You could not f*****n make it up.

Our 'fans' (using the term very loosely) on here, were crucifying CC for winning but not playing in a manner that suited their exacting style requirements, and people are now shouting for the new king of pragmatic, utilitarian football, who's only hope of scoring came from set pieces.

"Because he's new, an unknown quantity".  Does that not equate to 'lets take an almighty gamble' because in some people's eyes it appears that anyone, no matter who it is,  no matter how 'thick' (and he's bloody thick), no matter what 'style' he plays, no matter what his recent track record is, is better than CC, purely on the premise it's not CC.

Might go and spend a few quite hours on Blades Mad, because no matter how scummy, delusional & inbred they are, they can't be worse than some of our so called 'supporters' on here. 

Seriously.  Why the F**k can't they wait until the end of the season, see how it all pans out, for good or bad and then vent their spleen, have a F****n CC out protest march if they want, hang a banner from the Town Hall. Just stop talking it all down now, it's totally pointless, Cc aint going anywhere, and if he is, it will be after the end of the season.

9 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Our 'fans' (using the term very loosely) on here, were crucifying CC for winning but not playing in a manner that suited their exacting style requirements, and people are now shouting for the new king of pragmatic, utilitarian football, who's only hope of scoring came from set pieces.

"Because he's new, an unknown quantity".  Does that not equate to 'lets take an almighty gamble' because in some people's eyes it appears that anyone, no matter who it is,  no matter how 'thick' (and he's bloody thick), no matter what 'style' he plays, no matter what his recent track record is, is better than CC, purely on the premise it's not CC.

Might go and spend a few quite hours on Blades Mad, because no matter how scummy, delusional & inbred they are, they can't be worse than some of our so called 'supporters' on here. 

Seriously.  Why the F**k can't they wait until the end of the season, see how it all pans out, for good or bad and then vent their spleen, have a F****n CC out protest march if they want, hang a banner from the Town Hall. Just stop talking it all down now, it's totally pointless, Cc aint going anywhere, and if he is, it will be after the end of the season.

Superb response

21 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Au contraire. I don't care how the team plays if results go our way...which is why I never wanted Gray out. I'm not shouting for any particular type of football, as long as it's winning football. How do you account for the fact, pray, that Leeds finished 15 points behind us last season, with Reading and 'Udders 22-23 points behind us? Do you think they have better players than us? We've got three, FF, Winnall and Rhodes who Leeds would have loved, but couldn't afford. Outing Carlos for me isn't a gamble, as I don't think we'll go up under him for a moment. I want us to try what Mandy did when he brought Dave Jones in. We've nothing to lose. Waiting till next season? I'd agree with you if the other three in the play-offs weren't non-parachute. It's a glorious opportunity.

3 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

Would we do better with Rowetto in charge? Yes, absolutely. Why? Because he's new, an unknown quantity. New tactics and a new approach are his thing. And our odds of promotion would be better under Rowett than Carlos anyway, simply because we've got no chance under Carlos. Half a loaf is better than no loaf at all. QED.

So with 9 games left,where do you think Derby will finish ?

Higher than they are now,about where they are now,or make a late push for the 6th and last playoff spot.

Bearing in mind he's in heriting not to bad a team.

1 hour ago, Athelwulf said:

Au contraire. I don't care how the team plays if results go our way...which is why I never wanted Gray out. I'm not shouting for any particular type of football, as long as it's winning football. How do you account for the fact, pray, that Leeds finished 15 points behind us last season, with Reading and 'Udders 22-23 points behind us? Do you think they have better players than us? We've got three, FF, Winnall and Rhodes who Leeds would have loved, but couldn't afford. Outing Carlos for me isn't a gamble, as I don't think we'll go up under him for a moment. I want us to try what Mandy did when he brought Dave Jones in. We've nothing to lose. Waiting till next season? I'd agree with you if the other three in the play-offs weren't non-parachute. It's a glorious opportunity.

We had winning football in the main, but it wasn't good enough. We were five points better off than the previous season at one point and loads on here were still calling for CCs head.

It's been a self fulfilling prophesy which has gradually got to the entire staff.

As for "nothing to lose", we've got everything to lose and don't forget this is the Championship not the Pub League. 

Even if your point about changing manager's to enable us to push on and make a charge in the few games left had some merit, how on earth would Rowett do that????

If you had said we need to re construct for the longer term and become more solid, pragmatic, disband this current team, abandon any pretence of even trying to play attractive football and purely concentrate on stifling teams, playing on the break and scoring from set pieces, then maybe Rowett's your man (although most of his achievements have been in lower league).

If that was the aim, your argument may have some merit. The precious 'purists' on here however would abandon Hillsborough in their droves and by month three would be calling for his head and be screaming for a 'footballing' manager. 

Aah, remember the good old days under Carlos. What f****n idiot sacked him and put this moron in place. 17th in the league, playing garbage football.

Put Rowett in charge to push for promotion??

Dream on.

1 hour ago, bigthinrob said:

We had winning football in the main, but it wasn't good enough. We were five points better off than the previous season at one point and loads on here were still calling for CCs head.

It's been a self fulfilling prophesy which has gradually got to the entire staff.

As for "nothing to lose", we've got everything to lose and don't forget this is the Championship not the Pub League. 

Even if your point about changing manager's to enable us to push on and make a charge in the few games left had some merit, how on earth would Rowett do that????

If you had said we need to re construct for the longer term and become more solid, pragmatic, disband this current team, abandon any pretence of even trying to play attractive football and purely concentrate on stifling teams, playing on the break and scoring from set pieces, then maybe Rowett's your man (although most of his achievements have been in lower league).

If that was the aim, your argument may have some merit. The precious 'purists' on here however would abandon Hillsborough in their droves and by month three would be calling for his head and be screaming for a 'footballing' manager. 

Aah, remember the good old days under Carlos. What f****n idiot sacked him and put this moron in place. 17th in the league, playing garbage football.

Put Rowett in charge to push for promotion??

Dream on.

I'm not saying that I'd necessarily choose Rowett, though. I'm not a Rowett fan, although could he do better than Carlos? Opinions differ. What we've got going for us is that we've got good players, and we need somebody to make them play. That's what I want. Cast you mind back to the contrast between Megson's Wednesday, and compare how things were when Dave Jones took over. It's not that DJ was streets ahead of Meggo as a manager, it's just that he was different. I do genuinely think that the element of surprise, and new tactics, do matter. Let's face it, if Carlos were brought into the club now he'd probably play a blinder, as opponents would be unfamiliar with him. I've no interest in a footballing manager whatsoever. What I've got on my mind is that there's £150 million waiting for the team which goes up, and there are no parachute clubs in the play-off positions this season. I want us to get our sweaty hands on it, and not Leeds. We don't want another Cantona scenario.

4 hours ago, Mr Soul said:

carlos.thumb.jpg.e72269dd58a26ba0bab606ed6f5057e7.jpg

Find me a manager with a significantly better win rate than CC (and available) and I may consider replacing him...in a few seasons time.

The guy has been in English football just 2 seasons..yes 2 (almost) and defies those that question what he has achieved in the Championship in very short period of time.

Look at the management at other Championship clubs...all have had previous experience of playing and managing in English football..and most certainly in the Championship, which is recognised as one of the toughest leagues in world football...food for thought.

Great post Mr S ... hope that's shut the fackers up for a bit.