Jordan Rhodes

So now he's got 3 games under his belt, what's your views on him so far? For me you can just tell he's got that intelligent football brain most players at this level haven't. Even when not getting a much of a sniff he's still trying, making those intelligent runs.

Think we've got a right headache now though after FF performance. If FF does start up top, you've got to play Rhodes with him, what happens to Winnall, Hooper and Fletcher!

He's brilliant, but useless unless we give him chances. For his size, he wins so many headers and knock downs, but ultimately, he is a goal scorer and we signed him to score goals, but as I feared, I can only remember him having 2 chances in the 4 games he's played. Goal v Brum and his chance on the left at Forest which the keeper made a good save.

No point having get him, if we ain't gunna feed him! 

But a return of an assist at Wigan, goal v Brum, and a kind of assist for Abdis volley at Forest, out of the 4, is a decent start 

4 minutes ago, Suzuki_San said:

He's not the quickest, but the run off the shoulder for his first (?) chance was excellent. Perfectly timed. Other players are starting to realise this and making balls for him to use, this can only get better and he'll get more prolific. Brilliant in the air too. 

This^^^ our team will still be learning how to play with him and it'll only get better. 

Cant wait for the Brentford game. Another tough one but we'll battle and fight and hopefully secure another 3 points. 

His signing tipped the balance for me - from one of the best squads in the division to THE best squad in the division. Still can't quite believe we've got him. The most surprising thing for me has been his work rate - phenomenal. Never thought he had that in his locker. He'll always get goals of course but he also creates space for others due to his goal scoring record - means defenders are nervous and tend to crowd round him. Unbelievable bit of business from our Chairman. 

The opposition can't take their eyes off him for a minute.

His all round contribution will be more important to us and he allows us and provides opportunities for us to exploit other areas.

We are not a one one dimensional team that has to rely on him scoring.

You can't stop a team full of goal scorers...

3 hours ago, Ali G said:

So now he's got 3 games under his belt, what's your views on him so far? For me you can just tell he's got that intelligent football brain most players at this level haven't. Even when not getting a much of a sniff he's still trying, making those intelligent runs.

Think we've got a right headache now though after FF performance. If FF does start up top, you've got to play Rhodes with him, what happens to Winnall, Hooper and Fletcher!

Thing is those who are left out know why,squad size and rotation, not having a go at FF but Sam, Gary, Fletch don't appear to be mardy at not being first choice.

3 hours ago, pride_of_the_road said:

Squad rotation.

Games midweek and weekends.

Not many other teams have the same size squad.

We wont be far off come the end of the season.

That's why I reckon it gives us a slight advantage now there's no loans anymore. Especially in the last few weeks of the season.

There's no wasted movement with Jordan. 

He's not going to run around like a headless chicken, pressing the opposition. 

Every time he does something it has a purpose and point. 

Just by going off the highlights yesterday you see him very cleverly bring the ball down, hold off the defender and get a shot away (which the keeper does well to stop).

Then there was that brilliant flick on for Nando to run onto (when he was shoved in the back and the keeper saved well again). 

Hoopers injured and can't expect to walk back into the team.

Fletcher has to make a claim from the bench - if you get sent off and banned for 3 games then that's what you have to do.

Rhodes, Winnall and Fessi in the box seat and so long as we keep winning and they are performing should stay there