Jordan Rhodes

41 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Oh God, now i'm depressed.

I did a post yesterday where i said FFs goal & celebrations could be a defining moment for us and signal a change in all the negativity surrounding the club.

I woke up this morning with a spring in my step, looking forward to Tuesday and the forthcoming soiree to that council dump in Leeds where we could go above them.

I log onto Owlstalk to relish all the new found positivity and gloat over the fact that our current form is 2nd in the entire league and that all our players are coming good at the right time and what do i find?

Sasso it turns out is a complete donkey, Rhodes is, in the opinion of the self same Negativo, nothing special, weak and what ever else it was, Slow was it? (can't be ars*d to re read it to be honest).

And then apparently, Wednesday have under achieved under CC and it is the vast amounts of money!!!! not any nous on CCs part that is responsible for our very limited success compared to Leeds, Reading & Huddersfield. 

Oh yes, and CC is still on probation / trial and will undoubtedly be shown the door if we achieve anything less than promotion.

It is said the only definite's in life are 'Death & Taxes'.

The only other definite in life i can add, is that Owlstalk will always have more than its fair share of glass half empty, grass is always greener, negative tw**s. 

Oh Yes, and that anyone who doesn't share this depressing negative vision of things is a 'clapper'.

Need a beer!!!!

I wish I could buy you one. Good post.

6 hours ago, RocketOwl said:

1 in 4 for Jordan so far.

Boro record also similar. To those who look at his performances and recent statistics as opposed to his Blackburn and Huddersfield days, it is clear he may not be as prolific anymore.

Nonesense.

At Boro he was played as a lone-striker. That's why his record there was poor.

Give him a strong partner and the goals will flow, as they ALWAYS have.

Guest RocketOwl
1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

Nonesense.

At Boro he was played as a lone-striker. That's why his record there was poor.

Give him a strong partner and the goals will flow, as they ALWAYS have.

Hopefully.

Guest RocketOwl
2 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Did you go to every Boro game too ?

My concern is if he was as good as many on here say he is, why would Boro allow him to leave.

Rhodes was prolific for Blackburn in this division but it doesn't mean he definitely will be for us.

Its too early to say what will happen.

10 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

My concern is if he was as good as many on here say he is, why would Boro allow him to leave.

Rhodes was prolific for Blackburn in this division but it doesn't mean he definitely will be for us.

It's pretty evident that Karanka didn't want him at the club and many people think it was part of the reason he walked out of the club

Guest RocketOwl
Just now, darra said:

It's pretty evident that Karanka didn't want him at the club and many people think it was part of the reason he walked out of the club

Why hasn't a premier league club ever signed him?

19 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

So why call it/have a snipe?

I have been so pleasantly surprised with his work rate, ability in the air and strength to get infront of a defender with his back to goal.

I think he has settled straight into the team, he is down to earth and imagine a good guy in the dressing room.

And he has a goal scoring record that is awesome.......

What is not to like?

The really encouraging stat in his goalscoring record is the 83 goals he scored in 159 games for a bang average Blackburn team PLUS the fact that he stepped up a division to go there. Hooper also has an excellent scoring record although if i was to nitpick quite a few of them came when he was playing for Celtic in that awful league up there. They may just turn out to be a lethal partnership as soon as Hooper is fit again.

Edited by Almat

Guest RocketOwl
31 minutes ago, Almat said:

The really encouraging stat in his goalscoring record is the 83 goals he scored in 159 games for a bang average Blackburn team PLUS the fact that he stepped up a division to go there. Hooper also has an excellent scoring record although if i was to nitpick quite a few of them came when he was playing for Celtic in that awful league up there. They may just turn out to be a lethal partnership as soon as Hooper is fit again.

when all our strikers are fit its Hooper and FF for me.

9 hours ago, RocketOwl said:

when all our strikers are fit its Hooper and FF for me.

First, now I know you are on the wind-up.

Second, let's hope the FF-Rhodes pairing is a lot more prolific than the FF-Hooper pairing, cos theirs was dire.