Jordan Rhodes

Guest RocketOwl

He's not as good as people make out and I can see why Boro wanted to offload him.

No better than Hooper but glad we have him as Hooper is obviously injured.

14 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

He's not as good as people make out and I can see why Boro wanted to offload him.

So you've already made your mind up about him then. 

Look forward to the obligatory "Jordan Rhodes - what a waste of money" thread when he has an off game. 

23 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

Hooper is a great Championship striker, and I'm a big fan. But Rhodes is quite clearly on a different level. 

Guest RocketOwl
11 minutes ago, SiJ said:

So you've already made your mind up about him then. 

Look forward to the obligatory "Jordan Rhodes - what a waste of money" thread when he has an off game. 

I have never rated Rhodes as much as some people.

he is slow and weak. 

Not what I like in a striker.

Guest RocketOwl
2 minutes ago, stanningtonowl said:

Were you stood behind me at Forest yesterday, and how's your hangover today?

Couldn't make it unfortunately.

I always support the lads at games, even Sasso. 

Just because I share a view on here doesn't mean I go into games berating these players. Once they go over the line I am behind them. This is what forums are for sharing opinions.

Guest RocketOwl
5 minutes ago, S_W_F_C said:

Yes he is weak, like when he outjumped a 6ft 6 defender at Wigan to lay in the winner for Wallace 

These arguments are hilarious.

you could take Ola Tidman and say he's crap and have another fan say but yeah he saved this shot once

8 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

I have never rated Rhodes as much as some people.

he is slow and weak. 

Not what I like in a striker.

"weak" lol 

Have you got any other players you want to slate today? 

You've already decided that Rhodes and Sasso aren't good enough. 

Perhaps you can start a thread about Bannan or Hunt etc.,

Guest RocketOwl
3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

"weak" lol 

Have you got any other players you want to slate today? 

You've already decided that Rhodes and Sasso aren't good enough. 

Perhaps you can start a thread about Bannan or Hunt etc.,

I haven't said he's not good enough.

I said, I dont rate him anywher near as highly as others on here.

Guest RocketOwl
4 minutes ago, S_W_F_C said:

Yes with his goal scoring record he hasn't got to two key attributes for a striker eg pace or strength 

Try going to the games it will help you understand 

I go to every name mate.

i haven't seen anything from Rhodes that overley excites me and I haven't seen anything from him that overley concerns me.

He is a good player, just no where near as good as some would have you believe.

Guest RocketOwl
Just now, S_W_F_C said:

We have created two chances for him and he buried one. He should have scored yesterday you may argue but bar that he has been fed in scraps 

Which I agree with.

i just prefer strikers that can create something for themselves.

Hopefully JR will bang a few in on Tuesday now Abdi looks to be back in.

2 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

Which I agree with.

i just prefer strikers that can create something for themselves.

Hopefully JR will bang a few in on Tuesday now Abdi looks to be back in.

So you want a strong, quick striker who will score lots of goals AND make goals for himself?

Don't think Lukaku will want to move to  the Champ tbh.

YearsTeamApps(Gls)

2007–2009Ipswich Town10(1)

2007→ Oxford United (loan)4(0)

2008→ Rochdale (loan)5(2)

2009→ Brentford (loan)14(7)

2009–2012Huddersfield Town124(73)

2012–2016Blackburn Rovers159(83)

2016–Middlesbrough24(6)

2017–→ Sheffield Wednesday (loan)3(1)

Says it all, really. He's scored a ridulous amount of goals throughout his career (certainly since his 18th birthday) and probably only just reaching his prime as a striker. Including better than a goal in every 2 matches for a struggling Championship club (a striker coming up from L1, don't forget). Some reyt fannies in our fanbase. 

Edited by Almat
added text

Oh God, now i'm depressed.

I did a post yesterday where i said FFs goal & celebrations could be a defining moment for us and signal a change in all the negativity surrounding the club.

I woke up this morning with a spring in my step, looking forward to Tuesday and the forthcoming soiree to that council dump in Leeds where we could go above them.

I log onto Owlstalk to relish all the new found positivity and gloat over the fact that our current form is 2nd in the entire league and that all our players are coming good at the right time and what do i find?

Sasso it turns out is a complete donkey, Rhodes is, in the opinion of the self same Negativo, nothing special, weak and what ever else it was, Slow was it? (can't be ars*d to re read it to be honest).

And then apparently, Wednesday have under achieved under CC and it is the vast amounts of money!!!! not any nous on CCs part that is responsible for our very limited success compared to Leeds, Reading & Huddersfield. 

Oh yes, and CC is still on probation / trial and will undoubtedly be shown the door if we achieve anything less than promotion.

It is said the only definite's in life are 'Death & Taxes'.

The only other definite in life i can add, is that Owlstalk will always have more than its fair share of glass half empty, grass is always greener, negative tw**s. 

Oh Yes, and that anyone who doesn't share this depressing negative vision of things is a 'clapper'.

Need a beer!!!!

5 hours ago, Ali G said:

So now he's got 3 games under his belt, what's your views on him so far? For me you can just tell he's got that intelligent football brain most players at this level haven't. Even when not getting a much of a sniff he's still trying, making those intelligent runs.

Think we've got a right headache now though after FF performance. If FF does start up top, you've got to play Rhodes with him, what happens to Winnall, Hooper and Fletcher!

Dont forget Rhodes had hardly played this season before signing for us, so is bound to be a little off the pace, but he has played four games ,and we have won all four. One of the things i like about him is his clever runs off the ball, usually taking two defenders with him to create space for others . 

Guest RocketOwl

1 in 4 for Jordan so far.

Boro record also similar. To those who look at his performances and recent statistics as opposed to his Blackburn and Huddersfield days, it is clear he may not be as prolific anymore.

'It is clear he may not be as prolific'. This statement makes no real sense. A bit like saying Definitely Maybe. Great album, (intentionally?) nonsense title. lol

He's played 4 games FFS and obviously won't be 100% match fit/sharp. Bleeding 'ell...how long before the 'Rhodes is a waste of money' thread? Shakes head.

Edited by Almat
added text