Röhl’s Last Game

1 hour ago, Fablon Dunlop said:

I think he stays regardless of what division we play in. He seems invested here and wants to build something.

Like 99% of other people , wafted a big cheque in front of his face and he will be off.
I remember people saying how they believed Steve Bruce had morals and wanted to see the job through here at Wednesday when rumours of Newcastle interests first started.

I think he stays regardless of what division we play in. He seems invested here and wants to build something.

I would never count my chickens, when it comes to football, or any job really. If someone comes up with more wages and a decent transfer budget, Röhl will probably be off.

Darren Moore was (is) a decent man but it still ended sourly .  Danny is a decent man, it could still end sourly. No one knows.

I'd like to think a win on Saturday and 30,000 singing his name would persuade Danny to stay but we all know that money talks. AND, in this case, a complete change of attitude by our owner, investing in what Danny wants and freeing him to bring success.

Still, whatever happens, we should all belt out "Danny , Danny Röhl "  as often  and as loud as possible.   It could just contribute to saving our club, it's that important and the only thing we, as fans, can do.

Up the Owls.

• Haha 1

Agreed, but to build you need the tools. Röhl will provide the plans, the rest sadly is down to the man who will decide whether or not it can go ahead. That’s where I worry.

• Like 1

He will probably be here next season then leave in like September to a job he can't refuse leaving us in a big hole. I think there's a huge chance he could leave at any point during the next season or the summer. 

2 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

The forthcoming fixture could well be Roehl's last game here.

When we play the Baggies , we're not only playing for our Championship survival, but also to retain our manager.

We may never see him in the home dugout at S6 ever again.

This match sees us at a crossroads, and the result of it may well determine which road we take, potentially affecting our fortunes for years to come.

It's a game every bit as important as the return leg of the semi-final against Posh, and we need an atmosphere to match.

There's rarely been more at stake.

Bloody Churchillian that mate 🙂

1 hour ago, Owling Wolfe said:

I don’t get why some on here are convinced he will be leaving after the season ends. He’s on a contract until next July so can’t just walk away and doesn’t seem like the type to do so. Wherever we are next season I expect him to he here, building a better team to take us forward.

:Chansiri: " hold my beer "

He's still in contract so cannot simply walk out and go into another job

The only way he leaves is on DC's terms which will either be the sack (can't see that happening) or if another club pays what is likely to be a large compensation deal

Personally think there is as much chance of a new contract in the summer as there is of him leaving

• Like 3

If he keeps us up he stays. Then the Redbull rumours all come true and DC sells up and we look back at these times when all 46 league games are white knuckle and laugh it off with a casual titter. 

It depends on DC backing him, that will tell Roehl if this is a club he can take places. If DC doesn't promise and deliver the right backing Danny will move elsewhere, there's no way he is going to go stagnate here, he's too good for that.

DC has got a manager who can take this club to the Premier League in a short time I'm not sure he realises this is his last chance at this club. If Danny goes there will be a fan revolt which will be dreadful to see. It will be no good DC coming out and saying it was all Danny's fault, nobody will believe that nonsense a second time.

If DC can't support Danny he'd be well advised to arrange the transfer of ownership to someone who can. Put up or go.

2 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

The forthcoming fixture could well be Roehl's last game here.

When we play the Baggies , we're not only playing for our Championship survival, but also to retain our manager.

We may never see him in the home dugout at S6 ever again.

This match sees us at a crossroads, and the result of it may well determine which road we take, potentially affecting our fortunes for years to come.

It's a game every bit as important as the return leg of the semi-final against Posh, and we need an atmosphere to match.

There's rarely been more at stake.

Maybe you're right but we have to go on the evidence, and the evidence is he's wanting to stay and talks about next season.

But our chairman is very unpredictable, you just have to hope 'his people' as he says, are hounding DC about backing him and giving him a new contract as him being under contract only until summer 2025 is an issue in itself.

51 minutes ago, marshy said:

Agreed, but to build you need the tools. Röhl will provide the plans, the rest sadly is down to the man who will decide whether or not it can go ahead. That’s where I worry.

Agreed. The one thing I would say is that we've never had a manager like Röhl and the chairman has stumbled onto something very special.

No one since his arrival has shown so much promise and he must see that, for all his arrogance, he simply has to see it. 

Will this spur him into investment? Who knows, he'd be absolutely stupid not to. You need a decent manager to run a club, we have an excellent one. Time to dust that wallet off and spend on whatever that manager desires.

2 hours ago, Nero said:

He will probably get chased by clubs in the summer.

And.

He will probably be disappointed with Chansiri's approach to transfers and the training ground.

He's going to have to think very hard about his career but also how any perceived disloyalty might affect his credibility.

He's proved he can manage and motivate a poor squad to do better than they should. Hes not managed and maximised a good squad yet. 

I think it could go either way. The wild card is Chansiri.

I don't think disloyalty for Röhl would be a consideration at all. 

DC's reputation is below sea level within the game. 

I don't think he will be asking for the world to stay with us regardless of division. Some backing, some reassurances, some improvements to structure and facilities, in other words the very basics. DR gets it. He knows he will not get this connection at his next club wherever it is. However, all of the above means we have to trust Chansiri to ensure Danny gets the necessary support which DM did not receive. Come on DC, just make the right call this time FFS. 

3 hours ago, DesWalker said:

Chansiri HAS to back Röhl, it's realistically his only chance of seeing any return on the money he's wasted.

Even DC should be able to see this....

He's not the brightest button in the box is he??