Röhl’s Last Game

25 minutes ago, Standidno said:

Dont be daft probably signed up to leave already. Be shocked if not.

Signed up with who, and how will he get out of his contract?

I don't understand how people think Danny can just walk out if he's unhappy here. He can't. Either he gets sacked, he is given permission to speak to another club or Chancer releases him from his contract. But he can't just pack his bags and leave. Unless one of those conditions is satisfied he will be here at the beginning of next season whichever league we're in.

The season after is a different story. 

6 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

The forthcoming fixture could well be Roehl's last game here.

When we play the Baggies , we're not only playing for our Championship survival, but also to retain our manager.

We may never see him in the home dugout at S6 ever again.

This match sees us at a crossroads, and the result of it may well determine which road we take, potentially affecting our fortunes for years to come.

It's a game every bit as important as the return leg of the semi-final against Posh, and we need an atmosphere to match.

There's rarely been more at stake.

So are you saying this game is a “must win”?

😁

1 hour ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

Signed up with who, and how will he get out of his contract?

I don't understand how people think Danny can just walk out if he's unhappy here. He can't. Either he gets sacked, he is given permission to speak to another club or Chancer releases him from his contract. But he can't just pack his bags and leave. Unless one of those conditions is satisfied he will be here at the beginning of next season whichever league we're in.

The season after is a different story. 

Chansiri is desperate for money and isn't a businessman, I'm sure he'd entertain any offers of compensation for Röhl, completely ignorant to the fact that him staying is a much larger benefit to the club's future.

Do supporters of other clubs constantly debate whether there manager is leaving. Dont know how many threads there has been on here since he won his first game here.

Then again anything can and does happen in this crazy wonderful club of ours. 

15 hours ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

I have really enjoyed my football under Danny love the fella ,Good luck to him hope he stays ,But understandable if he leaves with Chansiri at the helm.

I think there's no doubt that Danny will be here next season whatever.  I'm also strongly of the opinion that Channers will not........He's not going to subject himsef to yellow tickets being waved in his face....and neither will his family (which is a strong point).  I get the impression that "he's gone" and a take-over is quite imminent. (before the start of the next season).     Fingers crossed eh!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Devonstrix said:

Almost! 

He should have ended the post with………..

image.jpeg.162066451e8ac84c1b70a9623aade3bd.jpeg

We shall fight Channers on the beaches, we shall fight him on the landing grounds, we shall fight him in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight him in the hills; we shall never surrender.

... and then Southampton, having failed to go up, will come in for Roehl im Sommer.

It'll be auf Wiedersehen, Danny Boy.

Roehl.png

4 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

We shall fight Channers on the beaches, we shall fight him on the landing grounds, we shall fight him in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight him in the hills; we shall never surrender.

... and then Southampton, having failed to go up, will come in for Roehl im Sommer.

It'll be auf Wiedersehen (Pet)Danny Boy.

Roehl.png

Could be managing in the West Bromwich and District Sunday Methodist Table Tennis League next. 😀

image.jpeg.d6c5856190122dfa47fd5ef7b2e74209.jpeg

On 25/04/2024 at 16:32, JOWL75 said:

Don’t think he’s moved his family so for me that’s a major sign, if I club comes in where they are based you could see him go. 

I wouldn't expect him to, he has young kids of primary school age. Are there any German-speaking schools in Yorkshire, or even the whole UK for that matter...?

How many times does a manager that has been relegated get head hunted by other teams?  It is very rare, and for all we can see he has done really well I'm not sure there will be that many clubs coming in for him after less than one season as manager in which he got relegated.  There's an argument to say he is more likely to be poached if he keeps us up.

1 hour ago, SouthRustyOwl said:

How many times does a manager that has been relegated get head hunted by other teams?  It is very rare, and for all we can see he has done really well I'm not sure there will be that many clubs coming in for him after less than one season as manager in which he got relegated.  There's an argument to say he is more likely to be poached if he keeps us up.

He didn't completely get us relegated, but Laws left us by 'mutual consent' when we were two places above the Championship drop zone (in a season we did end up getting relegated) and rocked up at Burnley in the Premier League a couple of weeks later.

Carlos didn't really have us at risk of being relegated, but despite fan unrest growing he was still seemingly headhunted by a Premier League team too.

Bruce was only doing a relatively steady job when he was poached into a much more lucrative position at significant expense to Newcastle.

There seems to be something about doing a decent job with Wednesday; you don't really need to prove too much before other clubs seem willing to give you a chance in the big league. I don't think a low-end Prem team taking a chance on Röhl would be any more of a gamble than employing the above people into the positions they moved into at the time. It's not beyond the realms of possibility, certainly not in regards to a top-end Championship team coming in for him either.

On 24/04/2024 at 07:42, Fablon Dunlop said:

I think he stays regardless of what division we play in. He seems invested here and wants to build something.

And after a meeting with Chanser he leaves whichever league we’re in lol 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Dan™ said:

I wouldn't expect him to, he has young kids of primary school age. Are there any German-speaking schools in Yorkshire, or even the whole UK for that matter...?

Yes there are, but it’d be a bit strange if people didn’t move to the Uk because their kids would need to learn English. He’s moved his kids before for a job I think.