Röhl’s Last Game

There could be some truth in that, however none of us know for sure.

But I agree with you that it’s important to produce that Hillsborough magic on Saturday and one thing that I am sure about is that the fans never let Wednesday down . When the big guns are needed the massive are always firing them.

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, Fablon Dunlop said:

I think he stays regardless of what division we play in. He seems invested here and wants to build something.

Got to say I agree, when he took charge and saw the task ahead, he must have known that the likelihood was relegation, he then signed a two year contract. I think (hope) he has ambitions to take this club to a better position than where he found it, I'm sure he will want a full pre season and a chance to build his own team. The elephant in the room though is Mr Chansiri, he could and probably will be the problem, I just hope he backs him, wherever we are. UTO🦉

• Like 6

I don’t get why some on here are convinced he will be leaving after the season ends. He’s on a contract until next July so can’t just walk away and doesn’t seem like the type to do so. Wherever we are next season I expect him to he here, building a better team to take us forward.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

He has another year on his contract. So his problem is Chansiri. 

If another club comes in for him, he'll want Bruce levels of compensation. 

If he resigns, Chansiri will see his doesn't get another job until the original contract expires (think that's the case as otherwise managers under contract would just quit to avoid their new club paying compensation).

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Maltby owl83 said:

Got to say I agree, when he took charge and saw the task ahead, he must have known that the likelihood was relegation, he then signed a two year contract. I think (hope) he has ambitions to take this club to a better position than where he found it, I'm sure he will want a full pre season and a chance to build his own team. The elephant in the room though is Mr Chansiri, he could and probably will be the problem, I just hope he backs him, wherever we are. UTO🦉

18 minutes ago, darklord said:

Agreed. I think he is a long term planner

Yep. Agree with you both. 

We know how analytical the guy is and he would have full known the risks of us being relegated after such an abject start to the season. 

He wants a proper go at the job and a team in his own mould.

I hope Chansiri realises what he has and what an investment he could be making in such a promising young manager. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

I don’t think relegation or survival will be a factor in his decision. I think whether or not Chansiri is willing to support  his vision will be the decision point.  And I don’t just mean pumping money in for players. It’s clear Röhl wants to see some improvements in infrastructure as well (like we all do). 

Exactly what I was going to say.

1 minute ago, Wadsley Bridge Owl said:

Exactly what I was going to say.

It’s not just about training facilities, or posh charging rooms is it either. 

Chansiri needs to install a business structure that supports the manager, the recruitment team, the marketing team, commercial team etc. basically let’s stop using our most senior coach to book hotel rooms. Let Röhl and the recruitment guy decide on who stays, who goes and who’s is hired. 

• Like 1

Wouldn’t like to hazard a guess whether he will be here next season or not.

What has become clear in recent weeks is that there’s things at the club that he’s not happy with and he may well use these as a bargaining tool

when he has an end of season discussion with DC.  

Love to be a fly on the wall during that meeting.

He will probably get chased by clubs in the summer.

And.

He will probably be disappointed with Chansiri's approach to transfers and the training ground.

He's going to have to think very hard about his career but also how any perceived disloyalty might affect his credibility.

He's proved he can manage and motivate a poor squad to do better than they should. Hes not managed and maximised a good squad yet. 

I think it could go either way. The wild card is Chansiri.

• Like 3