Still got a bad feeling about this!

9 hours ago, General_Grievous said:

Today spectacularly good, one of those we’ll reemerge and talk about for years and years

that said, still a tall order to stay up. Can’t see us winning either game to be fair. Two draws be enough?? 

still might need a win and a draw minimum . but if hudds win with them at ipswich then just 1 point might do unless birmingham win against norwich .  so as we dont know we have to win on saturday simple. 

8 hours ago, Rotherham Owl said:

I honestly think 1 point will be enough.

Both Huddersfield and Birmingham are very poor so don't see either of them winning against anyone else. So as long as Birmingham don't win next week a point should do it.

dont agree if norwich are in playoffs they will rest players and rest will not risk injury . so what we need is hull to win this week twice to make sure norwich need a result against brum last day . even though birmingham are poor they would win at home against a team resting/taking it easy.. look at portsmouth they lost 2-1 at home against wigan that would not have happened if they needed points.. look at chesterfield on for record points then was a car crash after they won title.  we cant risk it . mentality needed is win saturday. 

• Like 3

It's in our own hands, but in theory we only need a point, if Birmingham draw with Huddersfield and both lose their other game. 

I'd rather be in this position now than the position we were in yesterday morning. 

Edited by Sambo89
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, LJM Owl said:

The reality is, we’re still actually in the relegation zone if we don’t get another point because of Hudds vs Birmingham meaning that one of them will go above us regardless of the result.

It’s incredibly thin margins currently but another win should be enough - Hudds won’t win against Ipswich on the last day of the season for their likely promotion party, so ideally we need them to beat Birmingham, with Birmingham at home to Norwich last day being a difficult fixture for them to win.

Plymouth and Blackburn will be lucky to get more than 2 points between them but probably I doubt either get relegated, although both are at serious risk if Birmingham (and Us) win on Saturday.

Personally, I think it’s likely to be draws all round on Saturday with Us, Hudds/Birmingham and Plymouth all getting draws (Blackburn heavy defeat to Coventry) - leaving it wide open going into the last day.

Coventry will roll over for Blackburn just like they did the other week at Birmingham. 

As for Plymouth, they’ve looked the more likely to drop for some time but sacking Foster gave them a chance but losing to Schumacher’s Stoke in the way that they did might be it for them. They don’t have the resilience we have. Not many sides around us at the bottom do TBH?

The big game obviously is in West Yorkshire. The draw is the most likely result as neither team have won many games of late.

• Like 1

If we win then even if we got the result we don't want at hudds (brum win) it should drag at least one of blackburn or Plymouth into it for the final day.  

I thought brum would defo beat rovrum so who knows what to expect from.them, they must be feeling pressure going for another away game against a team in the last chance saloon.

• Like 1

Many (including me!) thought that beating Blackburn was unlikely and the bookies believed Wednesday had very little chance of success too.  Our win enhances our momentum and belief which means that of course we can beat West Brom.  That momentum is the reason that if I was them, Wednesday are one of the teams I would least like to play away next weekend.  We are a dangerous opponent.  

Our destiny is in our hands.  Danny has the force of will to deliver.  The manager, team and supporters are aligned. Keep the faith. 

• Like 1

I will hold my hands up, I was one of those who have said on here, more than once recently, that we would go down, however the team has battled to put themselves in with a real shot, to stay up, and I am chuffed and hope they prove me wrong. I look at my glass and see it is half full and not half empty as before.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Sparkwell76 said:

I guess we’ve given ourselves a fighting chance but still very difficult.  It seems like we’ve two very tough games whereas Brum and Hudd have 1 tough game but play each other so both have a great chance at getting a win.  

Whatever the result of bum and hudd game we will drop back into the relegation zone, so we need points, WBA will be tough, but we are at home, Sunderland have nothing to play for, so in theory that's the easier game. Need to win at least one of those games, and the other, maybe a draw. In all I think 4 points would be enough. 

9 hours ago, Fisher Owl said:

Both remaining games are difficult. 

Watched the West Brom at Leicester game and they could have been out of sight before Leicester scored ,and was a constant threat throughout the game.

So obviously that's going to be a stretch to take the 3pts.

As for Sunderland away ,not in great form ,but always dangerous having to go away from home on the final day of the season ,Home team always wants to end the season with a bang.

But.. at least we've got our destiny in our own hands ,and hopefully the fickle finger of fate will smile on us.

As long as that fickle finger doesn't get shoved up our a.rse...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, striker said:

Need at least a point next week, otherwise we are guaranteed to be back in the bottom 3. 

Given our previous results against the top 6, it's a big ask, but achievable.

Not unless Birmingham and Hudds draw with each other.

So many twists and turns.

Stoke looked fatal but then pretty much everything goes our way this weekend. 

Only way we can absolute guarantee staying up is winning both our remaining games. 

It's certainly possible.

• Like 2

I still think it'll be Huddersfield and Blackburn that drop. 

Huddersfield are all but done I think. Awful awful team who I can't believe hammered us the way they did, and it's a real stain on our season,  but that's football. 

Blackburns games are disgusting. Birmingham being at home on the final day against a Norwich team who could have their fate already sealed/in their hands is a huge advantage swing for them. 

Blackburn play a Coventry side who, albeit will be tired, looked frightening at times yesterday and I wouldn't want to play them now. Then Leicester away who will be in, probable, party mode and want to lift the trophy on the back of a win. 

Blackburn were EXACTLY the team I expected yesterday. Sammie Szmodics is a fantastic player, but you stop him and you totally nullify them as a team. It took us a while to figure him out and, annoyingly, you can't really switch off when he's on the pitch cos he seems to just get everywhere. But, for the most part, our bang average defence did a job on him that second half. 

• Like 2

I'm so much more confident now we're above the line and it's in our own hands. 4 points would be enough, 3 points will probably be the minimum requirement.

It's a tough ask to beat WBA, but with their GD they're more or less guaranteed a play off spot. There's no doubt they'll be coming for the win but I just think we'll want it more after what I saw yesterday. 

• Like 1