Still got a bad feeling about this!

Listen, it's in our ******** hands now. We'd have killed for that when Xisco got sacked. Remain hopeful, enjoy it and even if the worse comes, it's a hell of an effort.

• Like 6

50 minutes ago, General_Grievous said:

Today spectacularly good, one of those we’ll reemerge and talk about for years and years

that said, still a tall order to stay up. Can’t see us winning either game to be fair. Two draws be enough?? 

Are you from Waltham by any chance ? 🫣😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Yes it’s still squeaky bum time but we’re in our best position all season and it’s in our hands . Obviously a win next week would be huge and make us a good bet to stay up a draw wouldn’t be to bad  a loss I don’t want to contemplate but whatever our result a Huddersfield win would be ideal ( hopefully with a Plymouth loss) as I honestly can’t see Huddersfield getting owt at Ipswich 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Positive threads only surely.  Let's have threads on how we can stay up, not threads on how we can go down. 

I honestly think 1 point will be enough.

Both Huddersfield and Birmingham are very poor so don't see either of them winning against anyone else. So as long as Birmingham don't win next week a point should do it.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

The reality is, we’re still actually in the relegation zone if we don’t get another point because of Hudds vs Birmingham meaning that one of them will go above us regardless of the result.

It’s incredibly thin margins currently but another win should be enough - Hudds won’t win against Ipswich on the last day of the season for their likely promotion party, so ideally we need them to beat Birmingham, with Birmingham at home to Norwich last day being a difficult fixture for them to win.

Plymouth and Blackburn will be lucky to get more than 2 points between them but probably I doubt either get relegated, although both are at serious risk if Birmingham (and Us) win on Saturday.

Personally, I think it’s likely to be draws all round on Saturday with Us, Hudds/Birmingham and Plymouth all getting draws (Blackburn heavy defeat to Coventry) - leaving it wide open going into the last day.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

West Brom are a very good side. But I doubt they’ll want an all out battle with the playoffs to come. So that’s how we need to approach the game. Make it horrible. 

Need to treat it like another must win.

We're used to those!

• Like 2

Both remaining games are difficult. 

Watched the West Brom at Leicester game and they could have been out of sight before Leicester scored ,and was a constant threat throughout the game.

So obviously that's going to be a stretch to take the 3pts.

As for Sunderland away ,not in great form ,but always dangerous having to go away from home on the final day of the season ,Home team always wants to end the season with a bang.

But.. at least we've got our destiny in our own hands ,and hopefully the fickle finger of fate will smile on us.

• Like 1

Worth bearing in mind that both hudds and Brum have to play teams with something to play for after they've played each other, so it's not a stretch to say that aside from the game against one another they might not pick up another point..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, General_Grievous said:

Today spectacularly good, one of those we’ll reemerge and talk about for years and years

that said, still a tall order to stay up. Can’t see us winning either game to be fair. Two draws be enough?? 

Well at least we know which Star Wars character you are!

zowspvr.png

3 hours ago, Marro said:

Don't think it is pessimism.  It is the ups and downs of football.

We are all looking at the possible scenarios.  It is very dangerous to predict one team will beat another.  We have witnessed some strange results over the last few weeks.

If only the game was played on paper and it went to plan!

Our players have enough of a problem playing on grass, let alone playing on paper as they would surely slip over?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

West Brom are a very good side. But I doubt they’ll want an all out battle with the playoffs to come. So that’s how we need to approach the game. Make it horrible. 

Need to treat it like another must win.

We have not had 'a must win' yet, so we can hardly have 'another' one can we ?  😉

9 hours ago, General_Grievous said:

I’ll settle for Röhl’s visualisation of 3 wins as said in his interview in the Times the other day, thank you very much 😘