Leighton Palmer

A lot of stats are available these days showing the miles run, tackles won ect. I think had they been available then people would have been able to value him more.

Fantastic player, overshadowed by some the G.O.A.T.'s at Wednesday: Waddle, Hirst and Sheridan.

• Like 3

I met one our neighbours for the first time last weekend and I noticed one of their kids running around with a football so we got talking about it. He’s originally from Cape Town, but when I mentioned me being a Wednesday fan he said: “I remember how good they were. A top team. They had Carlton Palmer!”

I was a bit taken aback with that being the first name that came to mind for him!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, swfc4_sufc0 said:

Ironically also a bellend.

He does come across that way doesn’t he 

Went to the evening at the crucible with him, Hirst, Waddle and Sheridan 

He was wasted by the end and a few times was getting very agitated that the staff weren’t bringing him more booze.

To be honest I wasn’t impressed with Hirst either, seemed to think it was hilarious that he was always injured and p*ssed all the time, maybe if they were a little more professional that team of undoubted talent might have won a few more trophies 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1