Demonstrations

I thought we’d decided to not demonstrate until the season had finished and we could then do it through the summer, until next season starts Then when the season starts, we could all have a good moan about Despot and complain that now is not the right time to demonstrate?

• Love 1

1 minute ago, marshy said:

More than anything else, I’m gutted that we could loose this manager and his team. 

Me too. A future in League One minus Danny is fcukin terrifying. He is the best boss we've had for as long as I can remember and we will be back to trawling the bargain basement of the continent due to the chairmans incompetence. 

44 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Today felt very  much like the day we went down, and anyone who doubts that need only see Roehl's demeanour in his  post-match interview to be convinced.

For what it's worth, even had we beaten Stoke today, the other results went against us so our position would still have been very precarious.

How in God's name did Brum win at Leicester?????

It sickens me to think of all the effort required to get back to this level, only to have our season shattered by the useless pile of poo which is Chansiri.

It's dreadful to think of 7000 Owls fans turning up at Ewood for what may well be a dead rubber.

Chansiri isn't worthy of those fans.

What we need to do now is concentrate on the bigger picture, on the festering ulcer who owns us.

We need to take full advantage of the few remaining opportunities left to us to demonstrate before the season closes.

I've tried and cooperated with all previous ones, but seems the general feeling is no one's bothered. 

Either step it up massively or don't bother. 

• Like 1

Went to match.

Played ok.

Should have won.

Results gone against us.

Nothing much has changed.

Come on here after a few pints and want to slit my wrists...

Get a grip...

We'll be reyt!

Edited by owls101
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Today felt very  much like the day we went down, and anyone who doubts that need only see Roehl's demeanour in his  post-match interview to be convinced.

For what it's worth, even had we beaten Stoke today, the other results went against us so our position would still have been very precarious.

How in God's name did Brum win at Leicester?????

It sickens me to think of all the effort required to get back to this level, only to have our season shattered by the useless pile of poo which is Chansiri.

It's dreadful to think of 7000 Owls fans turning up at Ewood for what may well be a dead rubber.

Chansiri isn't worthy of those fans.

What we need to do now is concentrate on the bigger picture, on the festering ulcer who owns us.

We need to take full advantage of the few remaining opportunities left to us to demonstrate before the season closes.

Couldn’t be a dead rubber even if both Birmingham and Huddersfield both win 

There's only so much we can do re DC. He'll be gone soon enough, but I like the idea that we can help change and better support us fan's and everything outside the gound itself. Whatever league we are in.

I still feel the council could help all the clubs in Sheffield in aiding the infrastructure and businesses around the grounds. 

This would benefit everyone and also help bring in outside investment/ new owners. 

Last home game against WBA win, lose or draw every fan that wants Chansiri out of Sheffield Wednesday needs to get on the pitch and stay there, make your voices heard and gain as much publicity as is possible. 

The time for waving yellow pieces of paper are long gone and we really need to ramp it up.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, OneManBand said:

Like he said, possible , but unlikely now, if you're not going to beat teams like Stoke then forget it..

Blackburn fans were possibly thinking how do we beat Sunderland or Leeds if we go and lose 5-0 to Bristol City.. funnily enough they beat both. 
It’s the championship 

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

He’s probably only allowed so many days/weeks per year in the country 

You're probably right and nothing wrong in principle with that but that makes it all the more unacceptable that he's got nobody else to run things while he's not here.

Absolutely nobody. 

Chansiri just go and take your supporters with you. They're not welcome at this club either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, owls101 said:

Went to match.

Played ok.

Should have won.

Results gone against us.

Get a grip...

We'll be reyt!

I'm disappointed. But win at Blackburn and some results go our way and it's looking possible again. Doom and gloom is natural after such promise but we're not down yet. 

5 minutes ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

You're probably right and nothing wrong in principle with that but that makes it all the more unacceptable that he's got nobody else to run things while he's not here.

Absolutely nobody. 

Chansiri just go and take your supporters with you. They're not welcome at this club either.

I don't understand how anyone would support Chansiri now. I'd take relegation if it meant he'd sell up and we got a decent owner with an actual plan. 

• Like 1

Because Stoke play Plymouth next weekend and Hudds play Birmingham before the season ends, I think I’m right in saying that if we beat Blackburn and WBA we are still in with a chance of staying up.  

it seems like it’s not in our hands but I think it still is.  

Being able to win those matches is another issue! 

2 hours ago, OneEightSixSeven said:

This is where the mantra of ‘these games are not our fight’ falls flat. If our rivals take points from the top end, we’ve got to make up those points from somewhere. All games are our fight. Getting hammered in those games haven’t helped us one bit.

Completely agree. Those supporters with that mantra were wrong but so was our approach on the field. We have been reckless,  playing open aggressive football vs the good teams as if they could only be played that way , and because that was the way we played. All done with a very weak attack unlikely to score more than the odd goal.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TrendOwl said:

I have to be honest I have no idea why the the protests have stopped, because if we stay up, then Chansiri will be trying to take the plaudits. 

ANd what I noticed today was that there was still plenty of money going throigh the tills at half time. People should be spending the bare minimum away from a tix.

1867 have the desire to protest, but a lot of fans won't back it.

We saw the drop in support for protests against Leeds, it would be even worse now.

While we're in with a chance of staying up, protests would be unpopular.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, owls101 said:

Went to match.

Played ok.

Should have won.

Results gone against us.

Get a grip...

We'll be reyt!

Do you mean it still looks likely we'll go down as nothing much has changed? 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sykes said:

We saw the drop in support for protests against Leeds, it would be even worse now.

It's a bit like the abusive partner scenario. If he/she isn't being abusive right now, I'll not file for divorce. The second we're going down, there's uproar, but not if we stay up. And this should of course be totally separate from supporting out team. Chansiri is not the team, the club or the fans. 

21 minutes ago, Sykes said:

If we go down and are in the top 3 next season things won't change with our fanbase either. 

God knows what it will take for a proper protest agaisnt the hapless Chansiri, probs a mid table league one scenario. 

• Like 2