Demonstrations

1 minute ago, Howmanyowls said:

It's a bit like the abusive partner scenario. If he/she isn't being abusive right now, I'll not file for divorce. The second we're going down, there's uproar, but not if we stay up. And this should of course be totally separate from supporting out team. Chansiri is not the team, the club or the fans. 

It'll only spark the sit on the fence lot to do something when DR walks imo. 

19 minutes ago, Watto said:

If we go down and are in the top 3 next season things won't change with our fanbase either. 

God knows what it will take for a proper protest agaisnt the hapless Chansiri, probs a mid table league one scenario. 

With the majority of our players out of contract, I genuinely don't believe Chansiri will have the funds to build a team capable of competing for promotion.

I really don't know what his end game is with our club.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Southie_Owl said:

Because Stoke play Plymouth next weekend and Hudds play Birmingham before the season ends, I think I’m right in saying that if we beat Blackburn and WBA we are still in with a chance of staying up.  

it seems like it’s not in our hands but I think it still is.  

Being able to win those matches is another issue! 

It was in our hands at 3 p.m. today,  if we had won our 4 games we would have stayed up. It's not in our hands now, 3 wins could be enough but it's not guaranteed.

I think the best we can hope for is to still be in with a chance when we go to Sunderland, but even then I think we will be relying on others not winning as well.

12 hours ago, part timer owl said:

I still feel the council could help all the clubs in Sheffield in aiding the infrastructure and businesses around the grounds. 

This would benefit everyone and also help bring in outside investment/ new owners. 

Yeah, what a great idea! I’m sure the Council Tax payers would be delighted to see their money spent this way. Especially when services are being cut. And I’m sure the ones who don’t give 2 flying ducks about football will be fully behind it! 😂

4 minutes ago, Roscoe P. Coltrane said:

Reading fans showed us how to do it

They were also in relegation trouble at the time

Like everything else it was protest lite

Some of our fans really do deserve the club we are

A pile of stinking poo ......

Do something about it, organise a demonstration, a petition, or a leaflet campaign, too many are quick to point out what others should do but don't do it themselves.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Do something about it, organise a demonstration, a petition, or a leaflet campaign, too many are quick to point out what others should do but don't do it themselves.

Ahhh you're back to trollling I see

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

14 hours ago, Watto said:

Do you mean it still looks likely we'll go down as nothing much has changed? 

Before yesterday I thought we needed 7 points to stay up. 

We still needs 7 points so in that respect not much has changed.

We just have fewer games to do it and rivals got shock results.

Yesterday was a nightmare but it isn't over.

I'd had a few when I posted last night and I'm less optimistic now in the cold light of day.

People just need to stop going to the games, nothing will give Chansiri a clearer sign than the lads walking out to an empty stadium.

But we had 32,000 yesterday and have just sold 7,000 away tickets for a relegation battle were probably going to lose. I think it's fairly clear most people want him to stay and maybe like watching everything get gradually worse.

I didn't even watch yesterday, what's the point. We go down we die, we stay up we die slower.

Edited by darntpark
  • Like 2

Business plan as it looks currently:

1) spend as little as possible on players 

2) spend as little as possible on agents

3) spend as little as possible on ground

4) whack season ticket prices up year on year 

I honestly can’t see anything other than that 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

4 hours ago, JohnnyQuinnsQuiff said:

Yeah, what a great idea! I’m sure the Council Tax payers would be delighted to see their money spent this way. Especially when services are being cut. And I’m sure the ones who don’t give 2 flying ducks about football will be fully behind it! 😂

There's different ways to help. I would rather the council stop trying to regenerate places like fargate and move some of that allotted cash into places like Hillsborough for example. 

Adding the train line back again (government cash) and helping local businesses say with lower business rates (i don't own one) this all helps the local community and also helps to improve the matchday experience. 

When you catch that many people in the area, if you can improve things like this, it helps bring in other outside investment. 

Similar things can also be done for Sheffield Fc & those that shall not be mentioned. 

The whole point is, if we can encourage more fans home & away to stay in the areas for longer and spend more this massively helps Sheffield as a whole! 

No additional council tax payments, just use the existing money better! The container park and new pavement on fargate wasn't needed. The council needs to invest the cash better, and what better than local businesses and infrastructure around the grounds. 

10 minutes ago, part timer owl said:

There's different ways to help. I would rather the council stop trying to regenerate places like fargate and move some of that allotted cash into places like Hillsborough for example. 

Adding the train line back again (government cash) and helping local businesses say with lower business rates (i don't own one) this all helps the local community and also helps to improve the matchday experience. 

When you catch that many people in the area, if you can improve things like this, it helps bring in other outside investment. 

Similar things can also be done for Sheffield Fc & those that shall not be mentioned. 

The whole point is, if we can encourage more fans home & away to stay in the areas for longer and spend more this massively helps Sheffield as a whole! 

No additional council tax payments, just use the existing money better! The container park and new pavement on fargate wasn't needed. The council needs to invest the cash better, and what better than local businesses and infrastructure around the grounds. 

There’s far more important things in life than football and clubs that play it. I know plenty of people who live close to both grounds and would be ‘over the moon’ if they took them elsewhere.

Fargate is the main shopping area in Sheffield, it’s open to shoppers 7 days a week. That’s why money gets spent on Fargate.

47 minutes ago, JohnnyQuinnsQuiff said:

There’s far more important things in life than football and clubs that play it. I know plenty of people who live close to both grounds and would be ‘over the moon’ if they took them elsewhere.

Fargate is the main shopping area in Sheffield, it’s open to shoppers 7 days a week. That’s why money gets spent on Fargate.

Same here re people near the grounds. They would be better off though if this sort of thing happened. 

Fargate is like a ghost town these days btw. Nothing like it was.