1 minute ago, Fablon Dunlop said:

And so he should. Absolutely earned that place. 

Without a doubt and deserved his goal big time - worked his socks off for 96 mins.

• Like 3

hes plays well when we actually put balls up to him, pointless playing football on the floor, deffo more effective, especially from scoring from a corner.  When I dont see johnson and knowing bannan has every set piece its pointless smith playing. If smith plays vaulks has to be on crosses from now on

• Like 2

A limited player but like Paterson a warrior. Norwich have similar in Barnes and they are very hard to play against. A type of player that will be extinct in the game soon which is a shame as I still root for the old fashioned cf who does the ugly stuff 

• Like 2

His limitations are obvious, and he has looked mostly out of place in the Championship, especially in the system Röhl wants to play. But credit to him for the last couple of games. He has battled manfully, made some nice touches and I was delighted for him (and the rest of us) when he got that equaliser.

• Like 7

56 minutes ago, Bluesteel. said:

A limited player but like Paterson a warrior. Norwich have similar in Barnes and they are very hard to play against. A type of player that will be extinct in the game soon which is a shame as I still root for the old fashioned cf who does the ugly stuff 

Smith couldn't lace Barnes's boots I'm afraid 

I've never understood 1. Why evwy cross for the last few years from a corner doens get past the front post! 2.why a player who scored 20 goals last season ( not saying he is championship quality to get that many up here) but is good in the air. Hasn't been used more. Desperate for points in danger... having several big lads in the side, why not do what we did tonight. Fire crosses in to the middle or far post!!! It's basics! I want to see good football. Not wilko dinosaur crap (certainly not at the prices we pay. BUT! Now it's survival. It should have been a used plan B all season given the disaster the first half was.

I'm usually quite positive, but I thought he was mostly ineffective in open play against both QPR and Norwich. I can't fault his effort, but I'd much rather Cadamarteri be starting against Stoke, if Ugbo's still unavailable.

I don't think Cadamarteri is the answer (yet), but our attacking play was much more effective after he came on. Him, Vaulks and Pol changed the game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, SheffWed said:

Really playing well, should have been giving more opportunities, especially instead of Fletcher staring or coming on in previous games.

Start him every game now.

What was Fletcher staring at ?   The goal ?   Wondering if he would ever score ?