I watched the press conference...

2 minutes ago, Dunkstar said:

I assume he's still a bit touch and go so they're leaving it open so if he doesn't get back fit they can add one of the academy kids instead.

it’s good but it’s not right,  players aged under 21 that you own don’t count to the 25 man squad.  

I should think it’s more a race against fitness between Paterson and Delgado. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Lombardo said:

I guess it was just in case messi became available as a free agent.

We can now add some of the “missing” to the squad.

This all seems a bit Messy to me, 2 much Messing about with squad when we are still on Mession Avoid Relegation with our very own Messiah

28 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

it’s good but it’s not right,  players aged under 21 that you own don’t count to the 25 man squad.  

Fair enough, what about Brennan too? I assume he's still knocking around the place..

I think since Paterson and Windass have been injured we have look a better team with more chance of winning games.

windass thinks hes better than he is and rarely shows us when it matter, Paterson is a trier but offers little going forward and is an expensive utility player.

i hope Bannan and Povada are fit, if not go two up front with Cads and Ugbo.

6 hours ago, Mr. Chow said:

strange how paterson isn't added to the squad even just for the sake of doing it.

There's no point in adding him until he's fit. If he has another set back, he'd be occupying a space that someone else that could be more useful to us could have.

Edited by Geörge Whitebread

6 hours ago, Dunkstar said:

I assume he's still a bit touch and go so they're leaving it open so if he doesn't get back fit they can add one of the academy kids instead.

I don't think they need to occupy one of the 25 slots if they're under a certain ages, do they?

Edit: must read whole thread before replying. Southie already said this. Sorry. 

Edited by Geörge Whitebread

10 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

Yup that’s what I was thinking, we do need a utility man though with the amount of injuries we’ve got at the moment. Sometimes Paterson does look like a headless chicken, certainly not a wing back but he does give his all every single appearance 

Edited by Mr. Chow

One thing I particularly took from the press conference is that he has a defined plan and this includes utilising the academy to its fullest. Staying up

is key to everything he wants to do but as ever Chansiri will be the one he has to convince.

10 hours ago, Dunkstar said:

Brennan? Academy kids don’t need adding as they are under 21.

9 minutes ago, Chansiri is king said:

Doesn’t need to be re registered 

I think he does.

This is from a report in The Star:

"The likes of Lee Gregory, Juan Delgado, Callum Paterson and Jeff Hendrick have all missed out - though any can be registered at any point as long as there is space to do so. With Delgado and Paterson, for instance, when/if they recover from their injuries in time they can be put straight back in."

14 minutes ago, Owlabroad2001 said:

Brennan? Academy kids don’t need adding as they are under 21.

yeah with Hendrick and Gregory being added to the squad, it’s between Paterson, Delgado and Brennan for the last place.  I expect we are hoping Paterson will be able to recover from the injury to be added.  But won’t go it until he proved his fitness 

39 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

yeah with Hendrick and Gregory being added to the squad, it’s between Paterson, Delgado and Brennan for the last place.  I expect we are hoping Paterson will be able to recover from the injury to be added.  But won’t go it until he proved his fitness 

My understanding was that yesterday was the cut off point for adding players to the squad, therefore if Paterson wasn't added yesterday then his season is done.

2 minutes ago, mogbad said:

My understanding was that yesterday was the cut off point for adding players to the squad, therefore if Paterson wasn't added yesterday then his season is done.

I believe you can add existing squad players at any time till May. You just can’t sign a free agent from yesterday 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

I believe you can add existing squad players at any time till May. You just can’t sign a free agent from yesterday 

Ahh thanks