Blackburn away, moved and live on sky

My abiding memory is that cup semi-final at Blackburn where we conceded first and then rattled 4 belters into their net in quick succession and ended up winning 4-2.

That was a real jaw dropper watching that happening and almost make the 2nd leg little more than a formality (sssh, don't say that to a Peterborough fan!)

• Like 1

On 22/03/2024 at 19:06, Sambo89 said:

Sky don't give a flying fūck about fans. They do what they want with fixtures when they want. Horrible bunch! 

would you prefer it if there was no live football on TV and everyone played at 3pm on a saturday  like they did back in the day .

Its swings and roundabouts, Sky, BT etc, have invested a lot in football, which all clubs do benefit from, obviously the Premier league gets the lions share, and is now a " Brand" sold worldwide, they show a lot of live football, from all leagues, some Scottish and Womens also are also benefitting, in return, they do pick and choose what games, which can be a bugger at times for fans who have to travel, so I think at times it is a bitter pill we the fan have to swallow if we want the money.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, andypandy said:

Its swings and roundabouts, Sky, BT etc, have invested a lot in football, which all clubs do benefit from, obviously the Premier league gets the lions share, and is now a " Brand" sold worldwide, they show a lot of live football, from all leagues, some Scottish and Womens also are also benefitting, in return, they do pick and choose what games, which can be a bugger at times for fans who have to travel, so I think at times it is a bitter pill we the fan have to swallow if we want the money.

We are not mardy. We are not greedy. We expect fair treatment. We don't expect relegated clubs utilising a Kings ransom to block our progress.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

We are not mardy. We are not greedy. We expect fair treatment. We don't expect relegated clubs utilising a Kings ransom to block our progress.

I never said anyone was mardy, or greedy. Its give and take, if we want access to loads of live football, then something has to give, Sky etc are investing over 1.5 billion a season in football, as an investor I think they have a right to switch games they want to show, and as I say that does p!ss fans off at times but if they dont invest we go back to Saturday games and Match of the day etc, I prefer the amount of football we currently have if I had to choose. I do agree the parachute payments needs sorting to make it a level playing field.

• Like 1

Just now, 31Dec1966 said:

Yes, I would.

i tend to agree but  we are  dinosaurs and a 45 minute match of the day featuring 1 game  with the only live match being the cup final  wouldnt be attractive to todays football fans  ........

1 hour ago, SDS Owl said:

Great news.

Won’t be long until every game is on some sort of media platform which can only be a good thing. 

You missed the word "subscription" out before media platform. Proliferation of platforms of live football is not bound to be a good thing if fans have to subscribe to multiple platforms to see all their games

56 minutes ago, Ian said:

You missed the word "subscription" out before media platform. Proliferation of platforms of live football is not bound to be a good thing if fans have to subscribe to multiple platforms to see all their games

Come and join the dodgy firestick brigade and don't fund any of those rip-off merchants. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

Come and join the dodgy firestick brigade and don't fund any of those rip-off merchants. 

I'm surprised more clubs aren't sponsored by VPN's to be honest.

On 23/03/2024 at 20:03, Ian said:

A lot are…..I know my parents who are both in their 80’s struggle to set up ifollow even with me trying to talk them through it…..and let’s be honest, the sky production is head and shoulders above anything else 

Gerrem a stick , innit blud 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

My abiding memory is that cup semi-final at Blackburn where we conceded first and then rattled 4 belters into their net in quick succession and ended up winning 4-2.

That was a real jaw dropper watching that happening and almost make the 2nd leg little more than a formality (sssh, don't say that to a Peterborough fan!)

I was sat with the home fans that night. We were so good that they didn’t get pi&*ed with their own team for getting spanked in their own backyard! Best I’ve ever seen us play 

14 hours ago, andypandy said:

I never said anyone was mardy, or greedy. Its give and take, if we want access to loads of live football, then something has to give, Sky etc are investing over 1.5 billion a season in football, as an investor I think they have a right to switch games they want to show, and as I say that does p!ss fans off at times but if they dont invest we go back to Saturday games and Match of the day etc, I prefer the amount of football we currently have if I had to choose. I do agree the parachute payments needs sorting to make it a level playing field.

They are and I agree with you, although I'm sure they are making a profit from it through subscriptions and advertising - so really football supporters just end up paying twice.

I know that's how it works - but I like having a little moan about it.

Trying to find out more info regarding the new Sky efl deal and came across this - https://forum.thefishy.co.uk/Blah.pl?m-1711294435/s-10/

Looks like a lot of games will be televised for us next season. The good news is they will all be announced up to the new year when the fixtures are released so fans can plan in advance and fixtures won't be moved at short notice. 

On 22/03/2024 at 16:25, Mr Meadows said:

Don’t know, but know it was the same date Shez popped one in 

ps.  FUCKOFFSKY

Twas Mellor and Taylor in 1980, I went with a mate on the Inter City Owl and it got bricked on the way back, leaving us with a nice cold journey home.

The atmosphere was amazing and had us all believing we could do it and get back to the second flight. I hope history repeats itself and we can play in the Championship again next season. I don't know about anybody else, but apart from our two January loan players, a couple of our young players coming in last summer and Danny and his staff coming in, this season feels like an opportunity wasted. A whole season just thrown away. Ipswich looked as though they had been steadily building their team to compete with the best in the Championship last seasonbuilding on the squad again in the summer and again this January. Even Plymouth were adding quality to their squad, in their own much cheaper fashion, whereas we did nothing in league 1 player wise in the summer, or in the January and only just squeaked up, but still brought no championship quality in during the summer or January windows again! I hate to think about Chansiri's mission tis summer. He has spat his dummy out in the past and has not spent any serious money since the season he bought Rhodes and Van Aken, nearly 7 years ago.