Leicesters turn to be charged.

I find all this schadenfreude really distasteful. 

Leicester fans on their own forum now panicking what it means because something outside of their control may result in a points deduction. 

Wednesday fans demanding our owner who has done us all over is removed, and then saying Leicester deserve it 

Edited by Furious George
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, TrickyTrev said:

This!!

They got relegated from the Premier League, went into administration, wrote off a load of debt and went straight back up.

They are the reason that clubs now get a 10 point deduction for going into administration.

I hope they have a hefty points deduction waiting for them when they go back up.

No they didn’t. They struggled for a few seasons in the championship before being relegated to L1. It was only after Mandaric sorted them out and then sold them on that they finally began to recover almost 10 years later.

1 hour ago, helmut_rooster said:

The big match live with Elton Welsby was far better watching Sly TV these days 

Ne’r mind that, 3 o clock kick offs on Saturday and FA Cup on last Saturday of the season, bloody Sky, parasites.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Sykes said:

11th place Chelsea btw.

The audacity to believe they deserve their own league is insane.

The dishonest lot deserve each other and to be excluded from the current set up

Football has become less of a fair game and more of a money pit

personally I prefer the Championship to the top table because I M O teams are more equally matched

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Wynyard Owl said:

The dishonest lot deserve each other and to be excluded from the current set up

Football has become less of a fair game and more of a money pit

personally I prefer the Championship to the top table because I M O teams are more equally matched

Apart from the teams with parachute money.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, owler66 said:

Leicester got away with it years ago when they went into administration with no consequences, which set them up to where they are now so no sympathy from me

So did Leeds and a few others. 

25 minutes ago, kobayashi said:

No they didn’t. They struggled for a few seasons in the championship before being relegated to L1. It was only after Mandaric sorted them out and then sold them on that they finally began to recover almost 10 years later.

Leicester City were relegated in 2002 and went into admin that season. A Gary Lineker consortium saved them and Mickey Adams got them back in the premier league the same season but wasn't allowed to sign players.

That's how the points deductions arrived as football league clubs complained about it and a unfair advantage. 

Milan took over in 2007. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

The whole system is deeply flawed. I don't believe any club should have their off-pitch actions result in on-pitch consequences, that's letting the owners ******** about and punishing the fans for it. Fine the owners themselves and regulate their investment if you want to actually disincentivise irresponsible spending.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, kobayashi said:

Yes they did.

They went up that same season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, owler66 said:

Leicester got away with it years ago when they went into administration with no consequences, which set them up to where they are now so no sympathy from me

And I think they had to pay 3.1 million  (in 2018) for breaching FFP the year they either won the league or cup, if I remember correctly.

QPR still owe millions from their fine when when they cheated their way to the PL years ago.

Man City and Chelsea seem immune to these sanctions.

Chelsea were allowed to be sold to Putins mate, funded by dirty russian money.

The whole thing stinks.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, BOOFABI said:

The whole system is deeply flawed. I don't believe any club should have their off-pitch actions result in on-pitch consequences, that's letting the owners ******** about and punishing the fans for it. Fine the owners themselves and regulate their investment if you want to actually disincentivise irresponsible spending.

Disagree. Fines have clearly been no deterrent. Now that points deductions are being branded about, clubs are starting to poo themselves and belatedly trying to balance the books.

2 hours ago, Furious George said:

I find all this schadenfreude really distasteful. 

Leicester fans on their own forum now panicking what it means because something outside of their control may result in a points deduction. 

Wednesday fans demanding our owner who has done us all over is removed, and then saying Leicester deserve it 

I’m removing Leicester from the situation and seeing as football deserves it. It’ll be awful for whichever team goes bust first (plz be Utd) but it feels inevitable at this point. 

So Leicester will get a points deduction next season for breaching the rules last season.

Everton could get a second points deduction ( and possible relegation) for breaching last season.

Forest have got a smaller points deduction than Everton for breaching last season.

City have 100 plus charges spanning numerous seasons with a secret date set for a hearing.

Chelsea appear to have numerous breaches with no charges.

They are making a really good job of applying the rules fairly aren't they?

This could drag on through the courts for years. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, owler66 said:

And we Sheffield Wednesday tried to do the right thing at the time which you could say is one of the reasons we're in the state we're in today 

It's the main reason. Southampton shed their debts same as Leicester. We kept on being eaten alive by the co-op overdraft and other debts.

• Like 3

I’ll be honest, any club going into admin should get what Rangers did, relegated to the bottom tier. That’d stop it, 10 points to a team like Man City would be nothing, they might finish 6th instead of top 2 for one season. I understand the idea of not allowing clubs to be in a position to go bust, but they didn’t offer any help to Bury when their owner took the urine.

Any business owner should be allowed to invest in his business, just not as loans or as debt against the club, after all it’s their business as Chansiri keeps telling us.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Owling Wolfe said:

Apart from the teams with parachute money.

You are right of course but it is above board and all the teams will be aware of how much the relegated sides will receive

Its not hidden money and there are no attempts to conceal is 

23 minutes ago, Wynyard Owl said:

You are right of course but it is above board and all the teams will be aware of how much the relegated sides will receive

Its not hidden money and there are no attempts to conceal is 

The part I was alluding to was the “equally matched” comment, I’m afraid I’d have to disagree there mate.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

This!!

They got relegated from the Premier League, went into administration, wrote off a load of debt and went straight back up.

They are the reason that clubs now get a 10 point deduction for going into administration.

I hope they have a hefty points deduction waiting for them when they go back up.

Should be possible to stop a team getting promoted if they break the rules or if in a case that court action will overrun the promoted club is immediately advised they will be relegated from the league they have been promoted to at the season end are not granted any payments from the PL for that season and are provided only with the statutory payments from the league they were in.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, helmut_rooster said:

The big match live with Elton Welsby was far better watching Sly TV these days 

Whose real name was Gary (For some reason I've always remembered that!)