Leicesters turn to be charged.

Football club owners ‘buy’ league titles and promotions. Fans are outraged that this can happen and demand something is done to make it more fair.

FFP is introduced to try and prevent this from happening. Fans cheer and shout “At last!”.

Clubs start getting penalised for breaching regulations. Fans are outraged, shouting “that’s not fair”.

I just don’t get this Man City whataboutery. They are facing multiple charges that go back a few years. That will take time to gather the full evidence needed. Eventually, City will face consequences.

Maybe we should go back to the times when owners could ‘buy their way’ through seasons?

I’m sure no one will complain, especially if their club benefits from it.

Every club that breaches P&S regulations and gets charged, deserve everything they get. They know the rules, they just don’t want to abide by them.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

People get confused with City’s charges.

Those are far worse than FFP breaks which are over a 3 year period and easy to spot.

Citys are about deception and laundering pretty much. Talks of them being relegated if it comes to it.

2025 their date is set for.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lukeyswfc said:

People get confused with City’s charges.

Those are far worse than FFP breaks which are over a 3 year period and easy to spot.

Citys are about deception and laundering pretty much. Talks of them being relegated if it comes to it.

2025 their date is set for.

They are untouchable. Most they would get is a fine which would mean nothing to them....probably fine suits as fills the coffers where points deduction only harms city.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

They are untouchable. Most they would get is a fine which would mean nothing to them....probably fine suits as fills the coffers where points deduction only harms city.

You’re probably right.

Points deductions are the going to flying about like confetti in the next few seasons. 

Clubs have been more than happy to take a fine in the past, a small percentage of the money they earned by breaking the rules. 

This is a whole new game. 

Pundits are saying that this seasons relegation places from the Premier League will be decided by points deductions, quite possible way after the season ends. 

As for Man City ..they are a grubby club, no respect for any regulations, quite happy to breach anything and everything and hope an army of lawyers will protect them. 

2 hours ago, Harrysgame said:

So the Premier League are not trying to bankrupt Manchester City's owners then?

It's a credible as our politicians threatening Russia, I'll bet they quiver in their boots (Not)

• Like 1

On 21/03/2024 at 19:12, Castleford Owl said:

I want this breakaway league to happen.    Let the so called big 6 or 7 clubs disappear. 

On 21/03/2024 at 19:12, Castleford Owl said:

I'm not sure just how this proposed European Super League works, to be honest. 

As I understand it the teams joining this ESL will still remain in the Premier league and ESL is just some sort of enlarged and glamourised European Champions league, ensuring even more money for the elite whilst devaluing our FA Cup and League Cup even more.

I hope I'm wrong!

7 hours ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

So the Premier League are not trying to bankrupt Manchester City's owners then?

It's a credible as our politicians threatening Russia, I'll bet they quiver in their boots (Not)

They can't bankrupt them, they would rather fine them...last thing PL want is City relegated....might encourage the whole European super breakaway league again, this time backed by a middle east company.

I hate what football has become, lawyers negotiating points deductions takes any last element of integrity out of the game. 

I understand the PR of financial regulations, but underneath it all, its to protect the haves from being challenged by the have nots. How dare a club not from the big 6 brands think they should be able to compete and spoil their merchandise sales in Asia.

Regarding penalties, if they really did want to make it a deterrent, stop f*cking about and make any financial breach automatic relegation. Of course they won't, be like turkeys voting for Christmas and this is the result of clubs regulating themselves.

Football needed strong governance a long time ago, but authorities went missing, the FA abdicated that to the EPL, both whoring themselves out to Sky et al for the pure greed of money.

As for Leicester, have zero sympathy fo a club who cheated in the past by going into administration. Really who gives a f*ck if they start life back in the EPL with a points deduction, they'll be coming back down anyway like the majority of newly promoted clubs, just revolving cannon fodder.

• Like 1

On 21/03/2024 at 22:15, Watto said:

So did Leeds and a few others. 

Didn't L**ds go into admin with about 2 mins of the season left? Once they knew that relegation was a certainty and the points deduction would be meaningless.

It has since been changed to take effect the following season after a certain date .

On 22/03/2024 at 19:37, oldtawnyowl said:

I'm not sure just how this proposed European Super League works, to be honest. 

As I understand it the teams joining this ESL will still remain in the Premier league and ESL is just some sort of enlarged and glamourised European Champions league, ensuring even more money for the elite whilst devaluing our FA Cup and League Cup even more.

I hope I'm wrong!

Nope, you are correct. The only way it should be allowed is to say " ok, off you go, but no coming back if it doesn't work out" then let the rest of the football league carry on without them. But of course they won't because the EPL are a bunch of wusses and the teams involved want their cake and eat it. 

• Like 1

On 22/03/2024 at 04:48, Owling Wolfe said:

I’ll be honest, any club going into admin should get what Rangers did, relegated to the bottom tier. That’d stop it, 10 points to a team like Man City would be nothing, they might finish 6th instead of top 2 for one season. I understand the idea of not allowing clubs to be in a position to go bust, but they didn’t offer any help to Bury when their owner took the urine.

Any business owner should be allowed to invest in his business, just not as loans or as debt against the club, after all it’s their business as Chansiri keeps telling us.

Rangers were liquidated and unfairly placed in the second division without a license and 3 years audited accounts which was against sfa rules 

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Aberdeen owl said:

Rangers were liquidated and unfairly placed in the second division without a license and 3 years audited accounts which was against sfa rules 

It was extremely harsh on them but don’t you think it might stop clubs trying it on with P&S rules.

Edited by Owling Wolfe

1 hour ago, Owling Wolfe said:

It was extremely harsh on them but don’t you think it might stop clubs trying it on with P&S rules.

It was lenient on them.

They ceased to exist and were dropped back in with no questions asked.

• Like 1