Last 2 Games Damage

Obviously it's difficult to find a positive after a six nil defeat. 

however we knew these last two games will be difficult and likely would get zero points.  the real positive is that today of the six teams we are possibly chasing collectively they only got 3 points. 

we're actually in a strong position after those last two games which I didn't expect. 

still believe Dani can get us firing now

What we've seen from Epswech is what we could be if we stay up, and if Roehl is backed.

Our team was assembled for a totally different type of football, and you would think that there'd be a big turnaround in personnel next season.

The key is the backing Roehl would receive, and that's down to the chuff Chansiri.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, lanzaroteowl said:

No. Because we have played our hardest two games in the run in and are not much more worse off than before them.

The other teams in the mix have the top teams to play.

We are far better off than we were a fortnight ago.

definitely, I don't think anyone expected us to get anything from these 2 games and hoped that the others would get naff all which they did. Game on now, the fact that we got mullered today is helped by the international break which gives time for Bannan and Poveda to recover plus DR can hopefully repair any mental damage from todays thumping

• Like 1

See how it affects us.

Fans are back to infighting and all that good will seems to have gone.

Itll be nervous during the Swansea game.

But for me, Plymouth are getting booed off, Blackburn despite having the leagues top scorer are only picking up draws and Birmingham look in all sorts of trouble.

Weve been second bottom forever. We all accepted relegation long ago.

If we get a result against Swansea, a win, then those above us will panic.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, lanzaroteowl said:

No. Because we have played our hardest two games in the run in and are not much more worse off than before them.

The other teams in the mix have the top teams to play.

We are far better off than we were a fortnight ago.

I admire the mental gymnastics involved here to come to the conclusion that we're "far better off" after conceding 8 in 2 games without reply, for zero additional points on the board. Because while we were doing that, some of our relegation rivals managed to pick up a few points between them.

We'd only have been "far better off" if we'd managed to scrape a couple or three points as well. Then there's the small matter that even though our hardest (on paper) games are now out of the way, we're still not going to take maximum points from the ones that remain, nor are our rivals all suddenly going to start losing every game. And this is Wednesday we're talking about here! We are past masters of shooting ourselves in the foot and slipping on banana skins when it matters. The Peterborough miracle of last season (which seems like a very long time ago now) was an outlier not the norm.

It's still very tight towards the bottom and the fat lady hasn't sung yet. But she's walking up to the mic.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Eastern said:

TBF the Huddersfield result was worse.

We rebounded back after that one.

Exactly what I was going to post, losing to a relegation rival 4-0 was absolutely devastating but we bounced back so well.

• Like 1

Must admit after those two bad results, if we do find a way to have a convincing win over Swansea in the next game and get us out of the bottom three that will be the best achievement so far this season and would wipe away the last 2 weeks in an instant .

We need to get Leeds and Ipswich out of the mind now and focus on Swansea.

• Like 1

Should either QPR or Birmingham win the game between them then we really need to get 3 points against Swansea else the the fat lady will be warming her voice up (then again I guess she has since October!)

1 hour ago, GMOwl72 said:

Should either QPR or Birmingham win the game between them then we really need to get 3 points against Swansea else the the fat lady will be warming her voice up (then again I guess she has since October!)

Not really as there are plenty of other teams in the mix. I would fully expect QPR to win that game. I would also expect Plymouth/Hudds to lose next week.

Edited by sexpistol

1 hour ago, sexpistol said:

Not really as there are plenty of other teams in the mix. I would fully expect QPR to win that game. I would also expect Plymouth/Hudds to lose next week.

We need to be level on points at least with teams in 20/21st place going into last 3 or 4 games. If we are still 2 - 3 points adrift it’s very unlikely we will close the gap. We need maximum points against Swansea for the simple reason we should be taking maximum points from our home games if we are to survive.

Edited by GMOwl72
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, GMOwl72 said:

We need to be level on points at least with teams in 20/21st place going into last 3 or 4 games. If we are still 2 - 3 points adrift it’s very unlikely we will close the gap. We need maximum points against Swansea for the simple reason we should be taking maximum points from our home games if we are to survive.

We could be 2 points adrift safety with a game to go and still go up.

Here are the last day fixtures for the teams in the mix ( I’ve not included Rotherham)

Brum v Norwich

Cov v QPR

Ipsw V Hudds

Leic v Blackburn

Plymouth v Hull

Stoke v Bristol City

S’land v Wednesday

Swansea v Millwall

17 hours ago, BIG D said:

Got away ok really didn’t we?....... 

...... ...It could have easily been a lot worse. Let’s crack on. Tomorrow & Good Friday’s fixtures.......

Are sensible posts like this allowed?

Literally for the last 2 weeks the general agreement was "oh well, we get Leeds and Ipswich out the way and go from there" - ands yet despite losing them, everyone has lost their minds 😬

I think everyone kicking off needs to 1. chill the f out and 2. take a look at who's playing who next week, we could quite easily be out of the bottom 3

• Like 2
  • Love 2

4 minutes ago, WTF said:

Literally for the last 2 weeks the general agreement was "oh well, we get Leeds and Ipswich out the way and go from there" - ands yet despite losing them, everyone has lost their minds 😬

I think everyone kicking off needs to 1. chill the f out and 2. take a look at who's playing who next week, we could quite easily be out of the bottom 3

Well said

Owlstalk Shop

54 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

We could be 2 points adrift safety with a game to go and still go up.

Here are the last day fixtures for the teams in the mix ( I’ve not included Rotherham)

Brum v Norwich

Cov v QPR

Ipsw V Hudds

Leic v Blackburn

Plymouth v Hull

Stoke v Bristol City

S’land v Wednesday

Swansea v Millwall

looking at that we have the one of the better fixtures on paper . A few against play off / top 2 chasing sides . 

sunderland / Swansea / Bristol city all have there flip flops on by this game . 

Let’s hope it’s one of those where Sunderland play a few younger lads and are still well off form , one issue could be a big crowd and wanting to end the season well . But much rather play a side like Sunderland last game than a play off chasing one for example . Hopefully we don’t need a result at all here but more than likely we will do .

5 minutes ago, WTF said:

Fair point . Don’t think many too disappointed at the Leeds result / performance but yesterday was a massive embarrassment, to lose by 2/3 even 4 wouldn’t be too bad but by 6 is a real shocker . 

appreciate it’s one game against a top side who we all expected to lose against but the manner we did it in was a shame . Let’s we re group and go again over Easter with a good bounceback