Last 2 Games Damage

We've had a few hammerings under Röhl and have continued the generally good form.

A big percentage of the squad turned a 4 0 down in a few days so I'm confident with the experience in the team we will be able to take the positive that we are no further behind and move on.

19 hours ago, lanzaroteowl said:

No. Because we have played our hardest two games in the run in and are not much more worse off than before them.

The other teams in the mix have the top teams to play.

We are far better off than we were a fortnight ago.

The other teams around the bottom though seem to be capable of getting results against the top teams.

It's not the forgone conclusion that they are going to get hammered, like it is when we play the better teams.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

The other teams around the bottom though seem to be capable of getting results against the top teams.

It's not the forgone conclusion that they are going to get hammered, like it is when we play the better teams.

That's true but we've been well beaten in most of the games against the top sides and now we've done with them all. We look like we can do well against the rest of the division so game on.

19 hours ago, lanzaroteowl said:

No. Because we have played our hardest two games in the run in and are not much more worse off than before them.

The other teams in the mix have the top teams to play.

We are far better off than we were a fortnight ago.

And the quality of Leicester, Leeds, Southampton and Ipswich basically suggests that Blackburn have a massive hill to climb if they are to get anything from those matches.

• Like 1

The defeat against Leeds was fine. Nothing between the teams in the first half, but in the second, their quality showed. The Ipswich defeat was not fine. Not much between the teams for the first half hour and they scored with their first two real opportunities, but you can’t argue with 6-0. Looks like Röhl does not trust M Diaby and doesn't think the team have the players to play defensively or on the counter.

But there is a break to get over it, and the previous form was good. Against the poor or mediocre teams, Wednesday are going to get points. If we beat Swansea, we go above ar least QPR or Birmingham and have a good chance of overtaking Huddersfield as well. Plus it would out us only 5 behind Swansea

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Eastern said:

TBF the Huddersfield result was worse.

We rebounded back after that one.

100% . I think as professionals they will have accepted it would be a big ask to get anything from Leeds and Ipswich. But Huddersfield must have been painful and yet they bounced back.

20 hours ago, BIG D said:

2 weeks without a game. They’ll sort it. 

Hope club has noticed it is only one week, this coming week, without a game

We cannot afford to forfeit the game the week after on what should be a very Good Friday 4 us

Having got those 2 fixtures out of the way I'm far more optimistic than I was for the simple reason that I expected us to be 4 or 5 points off safety at least, but none of the teams around us really capitalised on the situation and everyone remains very firmly in touch. 

It's all in our own hands so let's pray for once (it's Wednesday after all) that we make the most of it.

23 hours ago, WTF said:

Literally for the last 2 weeks the general agreement was "oh well, we get Leeds and Ipswich out the way and go from there" - ands yet despite losing them, everyone has lost their minds 😬

I think everyone kicking off needs to 1. chill the f out and 2. take a look at who's playing who next week, we could quite easily be out of the bottom 3

Stop being so sensible 

• Like 2

On 16/03/2024 at 17:59, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

Win Good Friday I’d be confident of Ipswich beating Blackburn, Norwich doing Plymouth and hull doing stoke . 
cov at hudders too. 

could see qpr winning Birmingham 

swansea are all but safe now so hopefully it’s a good time to play them …

You're so confident? Don't put your house on it. 

The high risk strategy : leaving us undermanned in midfield when the inevitable transition occurred failed at Ipswich - we took a reyt tonking - Swansea are a neat team keep possession and will shoot from range at our goalie - I would be happy if we played a little longer with a high tempo with smith and ugbo as targets ( we need legs in box) any sort of tippy tappy possession game will see us get beat. In the last 8  we need to keep losses to 2 max but a loss here would put us chasing more than 3 games to get level  which would be too much 

I think we play very open and give teams a lot of room beyond our full wing/backs. I thought against Birmingham that a better team would have probably punished us more. But it’s the way we go and it’s worked pretty well all in all. 

On 17/03/2024 at 13:42, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Not picking up a couple of points in the last two games as really put the pressure on for the Swansea game.

It's going to be another 'must win' game. 

Not true that getting no points in last 2 games has really put pressure on for Swansea game.

It's not another 'must win' game. The season does not finish next Friday. There are eight games to be played. 

We are in a more comfortable position than before last two games, because of others' poor results. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, DSandersonOWL said:

Not true that getting no points in last 2 games has really put pressure on for Swansea game.

It's not another 'must win' game. The season does not finish next Friday. There are eight games to be played. 

We are in a more comfortable position than before last two games, because of others' poor results. 

So if we lose against Swansea, does that mean we need to get something from the game at Middlesbrough or doesn't that matter either.

Then if we only get one or zero points from those two games, would that make the QPR game must win game. Because 1 or 2 points from 5 games including the 2 just gone will put us in serious trouble, with 5 to play.

• Like 1