Last 2 Games Damage

I don’t buy into the negative vibes I didn’t expect anything out the two games they were the hardest games to play in the league with their form

i I only wished we wouldn’t fall too far behind again which to be fair we are still bang in the mix 

I can understand negativity over losing 6-0 that was hard to take but let’s face it Ipswich were very good and our team could be questioned 

the biggest concern is over bannan and poveda because I’m confident with them fit we beat Swansea and are out of the bottom three and never looking back 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

It was Danny that said we have 8 cup finals left.

Does that make it right ?  

I have just checked our official fixture list:  it says we have got 8 games in the Championship left

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

So if we lose against Swansea, does that mean we need to get something from the game at Middlesbrough or doesn't that matter either.

Then if we only get one or zero points from those two games, would that make the QPR game must win game. Because 1 or 2 points from 5 games including the 2 just gone will put us in serious trouble, with 5 to play.

All 8 games left do matter. But we do not have a must win game yet.

We would be in serious trouble if we do not win some games, but which does not matter.

All 9 of the bottom teams scored zero goals this weekend just gone. Very positive !

We will be fine.  Enjoy the roller-coaster ride. 🎢

Of course the QPR game will not be a must win game, only the last two or three games can fall into that category...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Possibly the least bothered I've ever been after a good old towsing. 

If we go down, it won't be because of losing to an Ipswich team that are playing a different game to us these days. 

Our goal difference was irreparable anyway, So we are only talking about any psychological effects of such a big defeat . I think Danny will strangely have learned as much about his squad from this as he would from a win. 

I don't think we will suffer any after effects and will be prepared to get at least a point from the Swansea game. 

I still think we will stay up with a game to spare. 

On 19/03/2024 at 01:33, DSandersonOWL said:

All 8 games left do matter. But we do not have a must win game yet.

We would be in serious trouble if we do not win some games, but which does not matter.

All 9 of the bottom teams scored zero goals this weekend just gone. Very positive !

We will be fine.  Enjoy the roller-coaster ride. 🎢

Of course the QPR game will not be a must win game, only the last two or three games can fall into that category...

Do you still think QPR isn't a must win game?

I think it is, because if we don't we could be 6 points from safety tomorrow night with 5 games to play.

And with Norwich next up, the last 2 or 3 games could soon become irrelevant. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Fairy Tail Owl said:

If we don't win tomorrow we are down

I fear you’re right.  Not mathematically just yet, but the big picture was we were just too far behind and there was only so much magic Danny could work.  Now he’s plainly frustrated and heads seem to have dropped.   

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Do you still think QPR isn't a must win game?

I think it is, because if we don't we could be 6 points from safety tomorrow night with 5 games to play.

And with Norwich next up, the last 2 or 3 games could soon become irrelevant. 

There are eighteen points still to play for. So if (predictably) we do not win tomorrow, then there are still 15 points to play for. 

So it is not a 'must win' game but an 'important not to lose' game, where even getting a point is good, depending on Udders and Brum. Week by week the batch of 6 teams that were relegation contenders is narrowing down to those two and us. 

After 1 point in 12 we are moving towards definite 'must win' games but still not quite that desperate, yet !

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

I think we have a 10% chance of survival.

The most positive thing I can muster is that these odds are way better than when 0-4 down against Peterborough in playoffs.

Expecting the worst now but hope for the best.

Unfortunately we aren't playing peterboro. We are playing teams miles better technically than them.