England Away Shirt

3 hours ago, BrizzleOwl said:

He also said that the process would have taken 12-18 months - that's a lot of consultancy fees to pay so may explain the price 😄

My company has designed sportswear and footwear in collaboration with Adidas, Nike, New Balance and Puma, amongst others. 12-18 months for the design process is absolutely normal, and nothing to do with consultancy fees.

• Like 1

A former designer of international football shirts (not just England but he did the blue one a few years a go) said that Nike's"St.George's cross" design was to reflect the diversity of England in 2024.

Sounds woke to me

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, edmontonowl said:

A former designer of international football shirts (not just England but he did the blue one a few years a go) said that Nike's"St.George's cross" design was to reflect the diversity of England in 2024.

Sounds woke to me

Very  woke.

Don't want any of that diversity nonsense around the En-ger-lund  team , thank you very much. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Sham67 said:

I see the snowflakes are getting upset.  People who are triggered by the tiniest detail on, of all things, a football shirt, need to take a serious look at their lives.  Beyond pathetic IMHO.

Why change it unless they are pushing an agenda. It's our national flag and should never be defaced. It's yet another box ticking excersize which seems to be the norm for big companies these days, aiming to push their woke ideals. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

In the grand scheme of things it’s not a big deal. It is odd though, as it’s not the same flag when the colour is changed. I notice some St George’s at Hillsborough have the cross in blue: I get why, but they’re not really a St George anymore are they? 

If the Scottish saltaire was changed from white to red and yellow for instance, it would no longer be the same flag. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Why change it unless they are pushing an agenda. It's our national flag and should never be defaced. It's yet another box ticking excersize which seems to be the norm for big companies these days, aiming to push their woke ideals. 

Oh dear, looks like someone needs a life.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BrizzleOwl said:

I was being intentially perjorative to have a dig at the culture wars, but it does have a bit of a whiff of agenda about it

Listening to Nicky Campbell's phone in, there's a bloke phoned in who used to work at Nike and he was saying that when designing a shirt for a club or country, the golden rules were to not touch the crest or the flag. The FA would have been involved with and guided the process and have ultimate sign off. He suggested that the purple could have been a nod to the royal family perhaps. So possibly guidance from the FA to make it a bit pride-ey - but with different colours.

He also said that the process would have taken 12-18 months - that's a lot of consultancy fees to pay so may explain the price 😄

I'm quite meh about it all, but can understand people getting a bit triggered about it. English patriotism does take a bashing, but if they'd put a rainbow coloured dragon flag on the Welsh shirt, or a multi coloured saltire on the Scottish shirt, the pushback would be celebrated  

This...............if the celts , or pretty much any other nation for that matter did this it would be labelled as passionate and patriotic.......if the english do it it`s flag sha***ng.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, Bannofan said:

That idiot keeps on giving doesn't he?

He's wearing an England shirt without a St Georges cross on it there I think?

I take it he is watching us again now then, I thought the England team disgusted him as they raised awareness of the importance of racial equality ?

Flip Flip Starmer "keeping on giving" or ******** as Big D might describe him

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/mar/21/keir-starmer-calls-for-england-to-scrap-euros-kit-with-new-st-georges-cross-design-football

59 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

And what agenda would that be, you absolute balloon? 

59 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Why change it unless they are pushing an agenda. It's our national flag and should never be defaced. It's yet another box ticking excersize which seems to be the norm for big companies these days, aiming to push their woke ideals

:duntmatter:

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

HOUSE!

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

Might get one of these..

If we'd've lost the war (we did win didn't we, Germany and Japan's economy have never surpassed the UK have they?) that flag could've been a yellow red and black cross - ENGERMANY

I mean it looks stupid but other than that. Is it that bad? It’s not the England flag to me it’s just some flag that looks meh.

Most international kits are bad these days and this one is no different.

bigger issue is the price!

23 minutes ago, helmut_rooster said:

Imagine if Nike changed the American flag on Thier kits, they would be blacklisted faster than Budweiser and people would literally be shot.

IMG_5234.jpeg.9d9c588c863567d8df19a8dcc55f8743.jpeg

IMG_5236.jpeg.1bd616bd2a3263c5ea49d068111db0de.jpeg

IMG_5238.jpeg.60f4628b609be3701b726130915473d7.jpeg

IMG_5237.jpeg.5f4820080bacb24f40b381910b81d5bd.jpeg

IMG_5235.jpeg.946ce95e4c01ea6e0885e95f32851375.jpeg