England Away Shirt

6 hours ago, Lowry said:

What on earth is the deal with the bastardized St George flag on the collar?

Where do you draw the "bastardized" line? Is printing SPORTS DIRECT DOT COM across the middle of it OK? How about scrawling NO SURRENDER across it and filling each corner with Millwall badges?

Genuinely curious where the line starts and ends.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Lowry said:

What on earth is the deal with the bastardized St George flag on the collar?

It's part of the plan to keep the wokesters and the flag shaggers at each others throats

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BrizzleOwl said:

It's part of the plan to keep the wokesters and the flag shaggers at each others throats

The media are certainly flogging it to death. 

It's a tiny detail on the back of the collar ..why on earth they have done it , I have no idea. 

Plenty of England shirts, including the 1966 WC one, don't have anything but the three lions on them. 

Maybe Nike put it on there to deflect from the horrific cost. 

First Ben White and now this; the 'patriots'  are going absolutely mental at the moment. 

Edited by Bannofan
  • Haha 1

Simon Jordan and Stuart Pearce getting suitably outraged about it on TalkSport. 

I quite like listening to Jordan,  I rarely agree with him but he puts his opinions across in an articulate way, and makes for a balanced argument with whoever is on the show most of the time.  

7 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

The media are certainly flogging it to death. 

It's a tiny detail on the back of the collar ..why on earth they have done it , I have no idea. 

Plenty of England shirts, including the 1966 WC one, don't have anything but the three lions on them. 

Maybe Nike put it on there to deflect from the horrific cost. 

First Ben White and now this; the 'patriots'  are going absolutely mental at the moment. 

I was being intentially perjorative to have a dig at the culture wars, but it does have a bit of a whiff of agenda about it

Listening to Nicky Campbell's phone in, there's a bloke phoned in who used to work at Nike and he was saying that when designing a shirt for a club or country, the golden rules were to not touch the crest or the flag. The FA would have been involved with and guided the process and have ultimate sign off. He suggested that the purple could have been a nod to the royal family perhaps. So possibly guidance from the FA to make it a bit pride-ey - but with different colours.

He also said that the process would have taken 12-18 months - that's a lot of consultancy fees to pay so may explain the price 😄

I'm quite meh about it all, but can understand people getting a bit triggered about it. English patriotism does take a bashing, but if they'd put a rainbow coloured dragon flag on the Welsh shirt, or a multi coloured saltire on the Scottish shirt, the pushback would be celebrated  

They haven't changed the flag

People will start getting all hyped up and faux angry about it - but then in a week they'll have forgot how faux angry they were

And it will be all your Reform UK types that will be the most voiciferous

Culture Wars at it's finest

I sit and think 'Am I REALLY bothered by this?' and the answer is no

So I won't allow anyone else to try and MAKE me bothered by it

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

Not even sure what it is as clearly not a St Georges Cross so all a bit weird from nike really.

I don't like red either but surely that should be our away kit also so God knows what's going on either way I won't be paying £85 for it but might pick up some copies.

Edited by Waddle93

53 minutes ago, markowl said:

30p Lee jumping on the bandwagon now.

That idiot keeps on giving doesn't he?

He's wearing an England shirt without a St Georges cross on it there I think?

I take it he is watching us again now then, I thought the England team disgusted him as they raised awareness of the importance of racial equality ?