England Away Shirt

On 19/03/2024 at 23:19, Nero said:

I like it but it's £124.99

I just checked the prices online, and that's for the "match fit" shirt (i.e. the same as the players wear, so "breathable" and all that jazz).

The "stadium" shirt (i.e. the one for overweight middle-aged blokes) is 84.99.

The kids' versions cost 119.99 and 64.99 respectively.

Manufacturers have cottoned onto selling you an "authentic" version of the same shirt. They do it in the NFL and it's definitely become a thing for football kits.

Just for clarity however, £84.99 is horrific as well and they can f*ck off even at that price.

• Like 6

Whats the thing about the flag on the back of the neck?

Seen people on twitter going on about its triggered right wingers.

But don't understand it.

The price makes me not even consider buying it and grown men wearing replica kits just seems daft.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

But don't understand it.

The price makes me not even consider buying it and grown men wearing replica kits just seems daft.

The red & white cross of St George has been "tweaked" so that it looks a bit Pride flaggish, although the colours are darker and I'm not sure that was really the idea behind it.

As for replica shirts, yeah I agree. The prices for the "official" ones are a proper p!ss-take, and I've always thought they look a bit daft on anyone over about 35. I have two (both gifts). I occasionally slip one on just around the house or in the garden, but I never to go out or even to a game in one.

46 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

But don't understand it.

Basically the St George's cross is a different colour on the shirt than just red and white now.

Peter Saville did it for one of the Umbro kits about 10 years ago, but it was less socially acceptable to be openly racist or attack other minority groups back then, so this is the pathetic outcry we're having to deal with now. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, sheffield_dave said:

Basically the St George's cross is a different colour on the shirt than just red and white now.

Peter Saville did it for one of the Umbro kits about 10 years ago, but it was less socially acceptable to be openly racist or attack other minority groups back then, so this is the pathetic outcry we're having to deal with now. 

So basically it isn't a St George cross.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

So basically it isn't a St George cross.

TalkSport listeners aren’t happy

They are suggesting it’s some sort of pushing of the LBGTQ stuff…. and that Nike wouldn’t try that with some other nations in the name of ‘art’ or whatever - yet the FA will have signed off on it 

I doubt it’s to do with LGBTQ personally, as it would be a bit rich seeing as England wouldn’t even take a yellow card for the rainbow armband in Qatar 

I’m not sure also how it’s an England flag if it’s not the traditional colours - just based on… traditional colours

• Like 1

It's a bit ironic that those getting upset about a tiny flag on the back of a shirt collar are the same ones who blabber on about everyone being woke, a snowflake etc.

Does it really matter? 

On the other hand, the prices for the kits are a joke. 

The issue with the St George's Cross is that if it isn't red, then it isn't the St George's Cross.

I'm not sure why Nike felt the need to change it, their excuse is that it was meant to "unify" people? I agree with Kier Starmer that the St George's Cross does exactly that already, it's a symbol of unity for the English.

Also, I think it's unfair that the English are scorned for being patriotic. It seems acceptable, even encouraged, for the Scots, Welsh and Irish, and yet when the English are patriotic it's bad and we're dumb right-wingers.

• Like 8

15 hours ago, ThruThinAndThinner said:

I just checked the prices online, and that's for the "match fit" shirt (i.e. the same as the players wear, so "breathable" and all that jazz).

The "stadium" shirt (i.e. the one for overweight middle-aged blokes) is 84.99.

The kids' versions cost 119.99 and 64.99 respectively.

Good lawdy jaysus still

I see the snowflakes are getting upset.  People who are triggered by the tiniest detail on, of all things, a football shirt, need to take a serious look at their lives.  Beyond pathetic IMHO.

• Like 1

I suspect Nike knew the small flag would cause a bit of controversy and did it for the free publicity.

Nike also changed the colours too 'Unite and inspire' people.

Still scratching my head at that one.

I don't find it offensive but don't think it should be changed.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SiJ said:

It's a bit ironic that those getting upset about a tiny flag on the back of a shirt collar are the same ones who blabber on about everyone being woke, a snowflake etc.

Does it really matter? 

On the other hand, the prices for the kits are a joke. 

Is it a flag or some new Nike branding? It certainly isn't a St George's Cross.

20 hours ago, sheffield_dave said:

Will be the same numpties that were saying they wouldnt even watch us at the last tournament because of taking the knee. 

The people complaining the loudest will be the people who deep down hate our country the most. 

28 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Is it a flag or some new Nike branding? It certainly isn't a St George's Cross.

Perhaps it's a bit of both. 

Really not worth getting so upset about is it.