Matt Le Tissier

Just watched him playing golf with Jimmy Bullard on Tubes YouTube channel.

Talked about wages and in 2002 he was on £3k a week at Saints !!! 

He did say that Saints had the lowest budget in the Prem but wow. Some players not fit to lace his boots will have been on mega bucks. Bullard said £200k a week easily now!!

Times have changed (not all for the better).

• Like 2

Le Tissier was a very talented player but he was lazy fell well short of his potential as a player had he just knuckled down and put the work in.

He only had himself to blame for how much he earned as a footballer, there was zero desire there for him to test himself at a better club.

Not just saying this because of how he comes across now, but I was never a fan of him as a player and definitely don't get any of the narrative around him being hard done to by not being an England regular.

8 hours ago, BIG D said:

Footballers have always done alright whenever they might have played.

Depends which era you’re talking about. My uncle was a pro pre and post war, when he finished in the early 50’s.  He ended up working down the pit for 30 odd years.  Retired just before the strike.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

could I ask why?? 

Because he uses his platform of fame and exposure to spread absolutely deranged nonsense, fear and legitimately dangerous misinformation. His contribution to society, to the state of reasonable discourse in this country, is vastly negative. 

I think we're past the point where we can just disregard his type as lunatics or at the fringes of society or whatever. I think he's a genuinely horrible person and we're due fate or karma intervening before he helps rot anymore brains. 

• Like 2

He's an arrogant arsehole who spouts ill informed rubbish and crackpot conspiracy theories. 

And part of the reason he only earned x amount as a professional footballer is because he was too fat and lazy to play for a bigger club where he would have earned much more. 

Oh, and he lost a cushy job at Sky because of his tinfoil hat f*ckwittery.