Danny Röhl

2 minutes ago, Suzuki_San said:

DC should stop this nonsensical "rolling yearly contract" boner he has.  

Danny's on an 18 month contract.

That said I'll be delighted if we announce he's signed a new 10 year contract.

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I love him. I hope he is here next season even in league one. 

Apart from slating every single team selection 

Are you admitting he got it right after all?

Edited by Miffed
  • Like 7
  • Haha 2

Realistically, even if he did the seemingly impossible and kept us up from the position we were in, it was never going to be plain sailing. No matter how good of a manager he is or could be in the future, we were still going to lose lots of games simply from the limitations he's working under.

It's very reassuring to see that while there is the odd negative comment here and there when we do lose, the vast majority of us still seem to be steadfastly behind him and his team, regardless of the league we end up in next season. I think we have to go back to at least Sturrock to a time when fans were anywhere near to being this supportive of a manager.

It bodes well for the future.

• Like 8

If, I believe when we stay up, we should give him and his team a 5 year deal and triple his wages. He will go on to bigger things, but before he does he will build real value here that should pay off for a decade. This will become a really attractive place to come and play, the opposite of January and with a promotion push, crowds will go past 30k.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Dan™ said:

Realistically, even if he did the seemingly impossible and kept us up from the position we were in, it was never going to be plain sailing. No matter how good of a manager he is or could be in the future, we were still going to lose lots of games simply from the limitations he's working under.

It's very reassuring to see that while there is the odd negative comment here and there when we do lose, the vast majority of us still seem to be steadfastly behind him and his team, regardless of the league we end up in next season. I think we have to go back to at least Sturrock to a time when fans were anywhere near to being this supportive of a manager.

It bodes well for the future.

Finding himself in a very similar Situation to what Sturrock did the season after a play-off winning promotion. We struggled to score that season. I think we only score 39 but conceded 52 so Sturrock got a better handle of us defensively. As for the job Röhl’s doing to change the mindset that he has with the limited quality at his disposal has been impressive. It’s all to play for again.

• Like 1

If you look at the table since the international break, which is when Röhl first had time to work on the training pitches with his players, it's even better...

Screenshot2024-02-17at17_45_28.png.351138e977e6c2dbb003023a271f169f.png

If we do end up going down, it'll be giving Muñoz the first ten games to pick up two measly points which does for us.

We've been playing with a millstone around our neck ever since.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 2

What was pleasing today was the lessons he showed he’s learnt. 

We set up for the battle and went much more direct. Beadle clearly instructed to kick longer and we weren’t asking Ihiekwe to take the ball off the keeper facing his own goal every 30 seconds. 

We won’t need to play like we did today every week, but he got it bang on and showed he’s figuring out the Championship week by week. 

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

If you look at the table since the international break, which is when Röhl first had time to work on the training pitches with his players, it's even better...

Screenshot2024-02-17at17_45_28.png.351138e977e6c2dbb003023a271f169f.png

If we do end up going down, it'll be giving Muñoz the first ten games to pick up two measly points which does for us.

We've been playing with a millstone around our neck ever since.

WoW that's an amazing stat, what a difference if he had more time and a couple of upgrades on some of the signings we have made this season.

DC is going to have to fight admires off.  

• Like 1