Darren Moore

17 hours ago, Anthndav said:

5 years!! I guess the wage was lower than expected so the contract value as a whole is bumped up by the length of the contract!

I would imagine so, as the percentage of managers that last 5 years in a job has to be very low.

Burslem is an absolute dive though, one of worse places I have been to see a Wednesday game. Saw the great Kim Olsens debut and there was loads of bother after the game. 

Good luck Darren Moore, and I absolutely mean that personally and professionally!

Another loss.

Know nothing about Vales plans for the future but relegation looks likely now. Would suspect they’ll want to be top 3 next season in league two.

Not sure what kind of project you can have at Vale though. League one seems their ceiling without some investment

6 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

It looks like he's not going down well with the fans, some questioning his ability after 3 games with holding midfielders and tactics when wins are required. 

Shhh you’re racist for suggesting that remember

1 hour ago, lukeyswfc said:

Shhh you’re racist for suggesting that remember

What other reason could there be for such hate against a bloke who got us 96 points and one of the best nights in living memory?

If you're going to say Forest Green or tactically inept, please don't.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, lukeyswfc said:

Another loss.

Know nothing about Vales plans for the future but relegation looks likely now. Would suspect they’ll want to be top 3 next season in league two.

Not sure what kind of project you can have at Vale though. League one seems their ceiling without some investment

Lost his first three games so not surprised

Looking at the odds they're about 55% chance of going down, so this will be a real test for him

4 hours ago, Road Runner said:

It looks like he's not going down well with the fans, some questioning his ability after 3 games with holding midfielders and tactics when wins are required. 

Ah, the good old Plan A and only Plan A!!

8 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

I feel sorry for Darren. For whatever reason his stock has fallen massively since that day at Wembley. 

Hasn't picked the wisest jobs tbh. Huddersfield were always going to struggle this season, then he's joined Port Vale who were already in big trouble.  If he'd got the Barnsley job in the summer for example he'd probably be doing well with them now, but he's not the sort of manager to turn around a sinking ship. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Hasn't picked the wisest jobs tbh. Huddersfield were always going to struggle this season, then he's joined Port Vale who were already in big trouble.  If he'd got the Barnsley job in the summer for example he'd probably be doing well with them now, but he's not the sort of manager to turn around a sinking ship. 

Port Vale do have good owners, so if he gets the time there then he has a chance. He turned us around but needed to drop

down a level first. Might be the same at Vale.