Darren Moore

On 20/03/2024 at 14:52, Sykes said:

DM wouldn't have lasted the season with us, but he'd have accumulated more points than Xisco on momentum and vibes alone. All the players had great chemistry under him, which would have continued into this season.

Inevitably I think his tactics wouldn't have stuck in the Championship, which we saw while he was at Huddersfield. Now, at Port Vale, he isn't blessed with a team as good as Wednesday were last season, and so it's not working out either.

I think the circumstances of SWFC (good team, poor competition) benefitted him provided a crutch for his style of management, and now those circumstances have been reversed (poor team, better competition) at both Huddersfield and Port Vale, he's been found out.

Ultimately I can't say I'm surprised, as much as I really want him to succeed. 

DM had got players at the club who could play his style. I think he would have lasted the season ( we will never know) he walked in to Huddersfield and it wasn’t his team, same with Port Vale. I really hope he keeps Port Vale up.

• Like 2

On 24/03/2024 at 08:14, WalthamOwl said:

Hope he keeps them up. The scary thing is that if he does there is a very realistic chance we will be playing Port Vale next season 🤮

After what he achieved in getting us promoted, I can only wish him well

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 31/03/2024 at 07:02, sexpistol said:

DM had got players at the club who could play his style. I think he would have lasted the season ( we will never know) he walked in to Huddersfield and it wasn’t his team, same with Port Vale. I really hope he keeps Port Vale up.

A good football manager should possess the ability to adapt to using the players  available 

Sadly, some managers   know only one way to play and should never take an appointment if their type of player or method is not available

This is where I believe Moore went wrong in taking the Huddersfield job