Darren Moore

He's trapped in the cycle of joining clubs on their way down and limited time to stop the drop.
If he went down with Hudds / Vale I reckon he would get them back up within 2 years. As he did with us, just.

But what chairman and fan base is that patient? We were because every now and then DC would remind us of the bigger problem, himself.

He is not a firefighter like Warnock, he's a very good long term builder of a club and culture, but not the best at Plan Bs and tactical astuteness. I still think he's better suited to a coach or director of football role out of the firing zone. Playoff round 2 was a masterclass of coaching a squad from a low point.

• Like 2

Bloody hell. Just seen that Port Vale have lost again

Really strange decision taking that job. I know the 5 year deal must have been tempting but i reckon he had enough credit in the bank for a top league one job 

28 minutes ago, Django said:

Really strange decision taking that job. I know the 5 year deal must have been tempting but i reckon he had enough credit in the bank for a top league one job 

Think it's a fear of being forgotten about, but I agree that something better than Port Vale would have come along for him if he'd waited. 

Saw an interview with Curbishley a while ago and he said he turned down a few jobs after he left West Ham and just waited too long for the right club. He ended up being finished at 50, despite that brilliant job he did at Charlton for 15 years.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Django said:

It is strange. He went from us to Huddersfield to Port Vale in less than a year. His managerial career has taken a massive nosedive

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bluesteel. said:

Relegation battles are starting to look like they may not be his strong point 

Can’t weigh him up tbh

He Was ill shortly after coming in but for the time he was in the dugout we had very little upturn in the relegation run in 

He amassed a crazy amount of points during both league 1 seasons, but the performances were all over the place and it was a really hard watch at times 

If he bombs at Port Vale he’s going to be one of them managers who floats about the lower leagues 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Django said:

Can’t weigh him up tbh

He Was ill shortly after coming in but for the time he was in the dugout we had very little upturn in the relegation run in 

He amassed a crazy amount of points during both league 1 seasons, but the performances were all over the place and it was a really hard watch at times 

If he bombs at Port Vale he’s going to be one of them managers who floats about the lower leagues 

I don't think the fact we didn't pay players should be overlooked, instead of focusing on the handful of games he actively managed in the relegation season.

1 hour ago, Django said:

Can’t weigh him up tbh

There were a few things out of his control here as you say such as covid and players being minded to leave but whether I liked any of the previous managers or not I could always see what they were trying to do and a bit of a team response to that. I couldn’t see that under DM when he first arrived other than that we looked quite open. The game on the last day he got the job done with ten to go and then played a high line/kept the same tactics against a team that looked to lack confidence to break down a “low block” and lo and behold we got caught out and conceded a pen.

League one was great from him and he genuinely rebuilt us under difficult circumstances. But the advantage remains for any manager at that level that the players you can get are better than 80% of other teams. He should be good in the relegation battles as he’s a really good leader and spokes person and even basic tactics should be enough at the bottom of L1 

2 hours ago, Django said:

Can’t weigh him up tbh

no chance , no manager gets sacked 3 times in 9 months and then gets another job . if he dont get some wins before end of season he will be done as a manager . 

39 minutes ago, Hyde2005 said:

no chance , no manager gets sacked 3 times in 9 months and then gets another job . if he dont get some wins before end of season he will be done as a manager . 

They won't sack him. He'll get the chance to take them back up if they go down which is looking likely now unfortunately. 

40 minutes ago, Hyde2005 said:

Also he wasn't sacked for under performing with us and he hasn't been sacked by PV.

Yeah, I don't think anyone is using his "sacking" with us against him.

He'd just got promoted and was given his marching orders by an absolute fruit loop of an owner.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

They won't sack him. He'll get the chance to take them back up if they go down which is looking likely now unfortunately. 

i hope it works out for him but he has had an absolute dire start 1 point from 7 games . cant see the natives putting up with it for too much longer.

7 hours ago, Hyde2005 said:

If Xisco can get another job then there’s hope for anyone