Relegation Run-In 2024

5 hours ago, Tewkesbury said:

If you look at the divide that has appeared between the bottom 10 and the rest of the league, any of the bottom 10 could easily be dragged into the relegation spots.

It's also handy to look at who have played who twice and who they have left to play in the run in as well as where the points are coming from. For 6 of the bottom 10, their points in the second half of the season have almost exclusively come from each other with only us, Millwall, Swansea and Plymouth getting wins outside the bottom 10.

Screenshot_20240122_121554_Sheets.jpg

Great, thanks. Can you update it for us after every few games?

• Thanks 1

I had a result wrong on the last one, so here's a new version.

There's also one with just who I consider our closest 6 rivals, showing just how bad they actually are at picking up points from outside the bottom 10.

We're not actually in that bad a position.

Screenshot_20240122_182833_Sheets.jpg

Screenshot_20240122_182907_Sheets.jpg

17 hours ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Next 3 are huge. All winnable.

I agree mate, forget Friday, lets focus on these games where we can pick up points. It does feel like its three from four so the games against the other three have to be won. A loss in any of these games particularly Huddersfield and its curtains I'm afraid.

Huddersfield need it wrapped up before last day against Ipswich. Who will either be vying to go up or favourable draw in the Playoffs. 

QPR have the "easiest" run in. 

Let's just have a bloody good to and see what happens. Some other clubs may get drawn in to the fight yet.

19 hours ago, BIG D said:

Keep the faith, loads of points to be won. It looks as if it's down to us and these three at the moment.

First thing to notice is that we have to play the other 3 teams away and QPR have the other 3 to play at home.

Let me know if you spot 'owt wrong.

UPPER CASE = HOME GAME

lower case = away game

Yellow highlight = game v relegation rival

Blue highlight = game v top 4 team

RUNIN2024.png.70db79c4bf420760b7f8b0ccfe1275a8.png

Im confident Mowbray will get Brum clear ,so it's three from four for me .

Over to you Chansiri. 

22 hours ago, BIG D said:

Keep the faith, loads of points to be won. It looks as if it's down to us and these three at the moment.

First thing to notice is that we have to play the other 3 teams away and QPR have the other 3 to play at home.

Let me know if you spot 'owt wrong.

UPPER CASE = HOME GAME

lower case = away game

Yellow highlight = game v relegation rival

Blue highlight = game v top 4 team

RUNIN2024.png.70db79c4bf420760b7f8b0ccfe1275a8.png

Striking how rough Huddersfield's February and March is. 

If they don't get results against us or QPR, I reckon they'll be entrenched in the bottom three and looking for their third manager this year by the end of that lot.

2 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Im confident Mowbray will get Brum clear ,so it's three from four for me .

Over to you Chansiri. 

This is exactly why I'm hoping at least one club above us gets pulled up for breaking P&S rules. Right now it's looking like 3 from 4 (Plymouth seem ok just now from their manager change, Stoke look capable of at least matching our results and have a healthy lead over us, Birmingham look far better, Millwall capable of a winning streak together, and whilst Swansea and Blackburn look in a bit of free-fall, they have a big lead over us already), and without additional players in this window, I don't fancy our chances.

• Like 1

Two huge games for Hudds up next. I know there’s a fair bit of pressure on Moore from their fans. If he doesn’t get 4 points from the next two then I can’t see them getting much from the run after. Could well be the end of Moore’s time there. I’m glad he’s hung on long enough to get to the games against QPR and us. 

February looks like a month we can really make ground 

my fear is the late business 

1) will it be stronger enough 

2) will they be settled in in time to get the wins during this period 

I hope going into those last few months it’s teams trying to catch us not us trying to still get out 

9 hours ago, Miruic said:

Two huge games for Hudds up next. I know there’s a fair bit of pressure on Moore from their fans. If he doesn’t get 4 points from the next two then I can’t see them getting much from the run after. Could well be the end of Moore’s time there. I’m glad he’s hung on long enough to get to the games against QPR and us. 

Biggsy reckons he'll be gone if 'Udders don't beat QPR.

12 hours ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

This is exactly why I'm hoping at least one club above us gets pulled up for breaking P&S rules. Right now it's looking like 3 from 4 (Plymouth seem ok just now from their manager change, Stoke look capable of at least matching our results and have a healthy lead over us, Birmingham look far better, Millwall capable of a winning streak together, and whilst Swansea and Blackburn look in a bit of free-fall, they have a big lead over us already), and without additional players in this window, I don't fancy our chances.

No one’s getting a points deduction this season in the championship for breaking P&S rules. No club is on a P&S charge and it takes months for one of those to go through.

If anyone’s going to get a points deduction this season it’s most likely to be Wednesday if Chansiri decides he’s not paying HMRC or the staff again

• Thanks 1