Relegation Run-In 2024

8 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Keep the faith, loads of points to be won. It looks as if it's down to us and these three at the moment.

First thing to notice is that we have to play the other 3 teams away and QPR have the other 3 to play at home.

Let me know if you spot 'owt wrong.

UPPER CASE = HOME GAME

lower case = away game

Yellow highlight = game v relegation rival

Blue highlight = game v top 4 team

RUNIN2024.png.70db79c4bf420760b7f8b0ccfe1275a8.png

First thoughts from the list.

Rotherham's next three games are about as hard as you can get right now.

Our season could be decided whether is on or off before 13th February.

• Like 1

I'd accepted relegation back in October, and then the hope came along. Now, we can't seem to get out of the bottom 3 when it looked inevitable we would! A lot of twists and turns to come, but it's pretty depressing knowing it's probably going to be 3 from 4 - hopefully, another club or two will get reeled in.

Sadly, it doesn't look as though Danny will get the support we had hoped for, so we just need to get behind the team and hope Danny and the team can keep getting results against those around us (forgot the Coventry's and Saints of this world, they're out of our league) - and hope it's good enough.

• Like 3

It looks very tough.

I don't subscribe to the thinking that some clubs 'are out of our league' our points against Leicester and Leeds are an example of that - plus beating Hull albeit against 10 men.

Every game is vital, we are running out of games and time.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

It looks very tough.

I don't subscribe to the thinking that some clubs 'are out of our league' our points against Leicester and Leeds are an example of that - plus beating Hull albeit against 10 men.

Every game is vital, we are running out of games and time.

For me, those games are a bonus - a free hit - as nothing is expected for any of those 4 teams against those at the top.

If you look at the divide that has appeared between the bottom 10 and the rest of the league, any of the bottom 10 could easily be dragged into the relegation spots.

It's also handy to look at who have played who twice and who they have left to play in the run in as well as where the points are coming from. For 6 of the bottom 10, their points in the second half of the season have almost exclusively come from each other with only us, Millwall, Swansea and Plymouth getting wins outside the bottom 10.

Screenshot_20240122_121554_Sheets.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

For me, those games are a bonus - a free hit - as nothing is expected for any of those 4 teams against those at the top.

Totally get what you are saying - but look at the games at the tail-end of the season, 7 or 8 of the teams we play will be in and around the Play-Offs, we may have to beat some of them to stand any chance of staying up.

• Like 1

Leicester and Ipswich away might aswell not bother turning up. 

Finish away at Sunderland, never do much there. 

We are gonna have to rely on our home form I'm afraid and that isn't great. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

If you look at the divide that has appeared between the bottom 10 and the rest of the league, any of the bottom 10 could easily be dragged into the relegation spots.

It's also handy to look at who have played who twice and who they have left to play in the run in as well as where the points are coming from. For 6 of the bottom 10, their points in the second half of the season have almost exclusively come from each other with only us, Millwall, Swansea and Plymouth getting wins outside the bottom 10.

Screenshot_20240122_121554_Sheets.jpg

I don't understand that graph /table help? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

Totally get what you are saying - but look at the games at the tail-end of the season, 7 or 8 of the teams we play will be in and around the Play-Offs, we may have to beat some of them to stand any chance of staying up.

Agreed, and hopefully we'll have picked up another points from those around us to be in with a chance of escaping the drop zone with a few surprise results at the end. 🤞

Just now, Watto said:

I don't understand that graph /table help? 

Teams across the top.

Opposition teams down the left in league position order.

Green - win

Yellow - draw

Red - loss

White - still to play, gameweek number in box.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We still have to play the teams in these current league positions.

3rd, 4th, 5th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th and 13th

We are going to need a decent amount of points from these games, because that is half of our remaining games.

A very tall order.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Watto said:

Leicester and Ipswich away might aswell not bother turning up. 

Finish away at Sunderland, never do much there. 

We are gonna have to rely on our home form I'm afraid and that isn't great. 

Leeds will probably take us to the cleaners too.

• Like 1