CARDIFF ( FA CUP) - OMDT

Just now, bladeshater said:

Up the owls 

Exactly what i was going to put.

I think that there's a certain ambivalence towards the FA Cup now.

The catalyst for this was Manures reluctance to play in the FA CUP all those years ago.
It's just gone on from there.

Let's be honest. We don't need any injuries. We just need survival in this division, in the hope that within a few years , we achieve promotion.

Then to give us any chance  to fight relegation from the prem in the hope we make millions.

games ruined.

Still, 

UP THE OWLS !!

Given the option of winning the FA Cup or getting promoted to the Premier League, which one would you choose? 

Financially, there's only one answer. Yet, imagine the day out at Wembley and Bannan lifting that cup. 

I know we're not getting promoted this season, I'm not that daft. 

Let's get through to the next round and get a big home tie. 

Come on Wednesday! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Howmanyowls said:

Given the option of winning the FA Cup or getting promoted to the Premier League, which one would you choose? 

Financially, there's only one answer. Yet, imagine the day out at Wembley and Bannan lifting that cup. 

I know we're not getting promoted this season, I'm not that daft. 

Let's get through to the next round and get a big home tie. 

Come on Wednesday! 

I can’t imagine either to be honest

• Like 1

I'm just pleased that one of the suspended games for both Byers and B.Diaby is a cup game. 👍👍

A cup run would be lovely. But we can't afford any more injuries or suspensions. So, I hope our Danny takes the opportunity to give some fringe players a run out in this one.

Great OMDT Lord Snooty.

I had Siopis once. Plenty of Dettol soap and Fiery Jack to keep the flies off it.

I’d rest Bannan and Cadamarteri.

Other than that go for it from the off.

Last thing we want is a replay.

UTO.

I’d rather finish 17th in the Premier league than win the FA Cup…. In fact I’d rather finish 17 th in the Championship than win the FA Cup !! But I absolutely take your point Snoots, the FA Cup used to be one of the  highlights of the season, especially the third round. It won’t be long before they regionalise the draw and we will be in the Northern section.

1 hour ago, Womble Owl said:

Taking my 2 lads today seeing as it's actually affordable for once so really looking forward to it. 

That’s great. I hope Tobermory and Orinoco enjoy it. 

• Haha 9

“Politics?” 👏👏👏👏

Nothing better than 3pm on the first Saturday of the new year.

Sorry, I mean 7.45 Thursday, 7.30 Friday, 12.30, 3pm, 5.30 Saturday, 2pm, 4.30pm Sunday, 20.15 Monday.

At least we can watch some footie on ITV and the good old Beeb.

Sorry, I mean an Australian fire-stick or a Canadian cable-channel if my teenage son can find them for me.

Ah, the romance of the FA Cup. It’s timeless.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I’ve gone off the devalued FA Cup, but I’m really looking forward to it this season.

Danny will use it wisely. Let’s see how Fletcher does starting, and how James does at LB under Röhlerball. Let’s give Windass and Momo 50/75 minutes as part of their rehab, and Smith 30 for his. 

Great to let these players play a proper match in Danny’s system and level.

And I’d love to see Danny up against City, Liverpool or Man U next round.