Transfer Rumours January 2024 window

2 hours ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

I don't know what's going on with them, a front two of May and Ladapo in League One should be one of the best in the division. 

My mate reckons it's that they keep hiring managers, let them buy and sell players but don't give them any real time to build the team, sack them and then bring in someone else with a completely different style.

Sounds familiar 👀

Derby County are making swift progress in securing a deal with free agent Dwight Gayle. 

Released by Stoke City earlier this month, the 34-year-old striker has garnered interest from Championship clubs, but now indications now suggest that Gayle is increasingly likely to join Derby County on a free transfer.

Warne stated, “I’ve got a list of two names, and I’ve gone for my first one, and all the paperwork has been done and was handed in yesterday. The EFL is still working with us in trying to make it happen, and hopefully, it will. We will continue into the start of next week."

Warne further revealed that Dwight Gayle is the targeted player, but competition exists with at least two other clubs vying for his signature.

13 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Derby County are making swift progress in securing a deal with free agent Dwight Gayle. 

Released by Stoke City earlier this month, the 34-year-old striker has garnered interest from Championship clubs, but now indications now suggest that Gayle is increasingly likely to join Derby County on a free transfer.

Warne stated, “I’ve got a list of two names, and I’ve gone for my first one, and all the paperwork has been done and was handed in yesterday. The EFL is still working with us in trying to make it happen, and hopefully, it will. We will continue into the start of next week."

Warne further revealed that Dwight Gayle is the targeted player, but competition exists with at least two other clubs vying for his signature.

Rumours that we were interested in taking him.

5 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

I wouldn't be surprised if we are looking for a free agent forward.

If Ugbo gets injured we are back to relying on young Bailey again. Forget Fletcher.

Ugbo looks good but I think Musaba, Gassama and Poveda are looking like they can all stick the ball in the net.  Cadamateri can help out no doubt but we do have goal scoring potential now.

Having said that we are better with Ugbo than without.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, island owl said:

no point in getting a free agent in, by the time they are match fit the season will have ended,

Up front Ugbo, Windass, Bailey - not counting Fletcher or Smith

Windass and Bailey are injured. Fletcher is a waste of a shirt and Smith is a bench filler.

So we could do with another body just in case. Though we do have one in Gregor, who I would rather see in the squad than a free agent, but it's not going to happen.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1