Transfer Rumours January 2024 window

27 minutes ago, nethertonowl said:

Re McGuire -  

Heard it’s gone against Blackburn , lad going back to Orlando, also one resigned ( not JDT). Nothing official but decent source.

The manager nearly walked friday as the deal wont go through, someone at the club mucked up the paperwork.

It puts Orlando in a difficult position as the lad has said he wont sign a new deal so come the next window he could be a free agent as the USA league season is a lot shorter than ours.

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

The manager nearly walked friday as the deal wont go through, someone at the club mucked up the paperwork. 

It puts Orlando in a difficult position as the lad has said he wont sign a new deal so come the next window he could be a free agent as the USA league season is a lot shorter than ours.

I'm not sure about that because the MLS runs February to November. And McGuire is contacted until the end of the year. So won't be a free agent until next January. 

They could still sell him to a British club in our Summer window. Though the price they get could be lower than now as he will be into the last few months of his contract.

Posted this separately. Worth a look?

Lusa Joao -  now 30 years of age. 6 foot 4" tall. Matured now? Injury question mark, but below looks ok to me. % Goal rate very good!

IF he is a free agent and I think he is...what about a pay per game contract?

Shanghai Port 2023  = 9 appearances 3 goals

Reading 22/23 = 34 appearances 7 goals

Reading 21/22 = 24 appearances 10 goals

Owls 18/19 = 31 appearances 10 goals

Owls 17/18 = 30 appearances 9 goals 

19 hours ago, room0035 said:

Was reading earlier he offered to resign in the summer after being told the target for this season was stopping up and having the budget slashed. They begged him to stay. Was asked not to attend the press conference on Friday. He said there " were a lot of problems'. Can't see him staying much longer. 

17 hours ago, 1952Owl said:

Lusa Joao -  now 30 years of age. 6 foot 4" tall. Matured now? Injury question mark, but below looks ok to me. % Goal rate very good!

Joao if fit would be an improvement on what we have but lets remember the bar this season squad is set very low.

on paper he seems to have all the attributes that Röhl wants in a player, the question marks maybe his work rate when he does have the ball. But if he could get 5 or 6 goals in the next 16 games would definitely help in trying to stay up.

Saturday was the 14th time in 30 games we have failed to score a goal in the league this season. Nearly 50% of our games.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, 1952Owl said:

The question is, would he want to come here even if we were interested in him?

Personally he strikes me as the type who while he would be up for a promotion fight, relegation battles wouldn't motivate him and I don't think he's the right kind of guy to "have beside you in the trenches" but who'd be "fun at a party.

Talented footballer yes, but lacks spirit.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

Personally he strikes me as the type who while he would be up for a promotion fight, relegation battles wouldn't motivate him and I don't think he's the right kind of guy to "have beside you in the trenches" but who'd be "fun at a party.

Though his and Nuihu goals kept us up in Jos's relegation scrap season. 

Maybe we should see what Nuihu up to and reform the band.😁😁😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

Showed plenty of spirit when he helped keep us up under Jos 

• Like 1

He refuses to okay at reading to avoid the scrap, why do we think he'd be up for it here. 

We're going down, accept it and try and get cadz ready for next season with game time.

Didn't notice this one in the transfer window.  Not really a fan of his but have to give Chansiri credit where it's due, he's pulled this one off.  Should be good when he gets up to speed with the high press.

image.png.6bb63769e6bb4c07f329c0862feb0d64.png

• Like 1

On 05/02/2024 at 13:32, markg said:

Showed plenty of spirit when he helped keep us up under Jos 

Him and Nuhiu formed a really good partnership , both scored a fair few. 

next season dropped for the returning underperforming big names 

On 05/02/2024 at 12:36, room0035 said:

Joao if fit would be an improvement on what we have but lets remember the bar this season squad is set very low.

on paper he seems to have all the attributes that Röhl wants in a player, the question marks maybe his work rate when he does have the ball. But if he could get 5 or 6 goals in the next 16 games would definitely help in trying to stay up.

Saturday was the 14th time in 30 games we have failed to score a goal in the league this season. Nearly 50% of our games.

In fairness a traffic cone would be an improvement on Fletcher, I agree Joao had the ability and could fit in but is that what DR thinks...or does he think a 34yo striker who's last goals were in League 2 is the answer....only time will tell.