Paterson

6 minutes ago, kilbyj said:

Can't see a topic on Paterson so here goes....

Great performance tonight, tireless and won most of the balls in the air, brought others into play, an all round nuisance with more quality to his game than usual.

Arguably our player of the season so far....I know I know not saying much, but he's up there for sure.

Love to see it.

Stop talking common sense, there is no place for it on here!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

I’ll be honest I thought he was poor. His effort is there for all to see but his ability with the ball costs us, and he’s brainless.

As with most things in life people see things differently but honestly I thought he was fantastic tonight.

• Like 3

Let’s be honest he’s our most consistent trier AND our most consistent performer at the moment. Has been for a few months actually.

The ‘trier’ part is nothing new - to his immense credit - but it seems he’s also become more effective over 90min than he tended to be in previous seasons (lack of goals notwithstanding), whereas before he’d have plenty of moments but often felt better suited to a tactical sub role in many fixtures. Whether that’s because the level of those alongside him has dropped or not is a moot point IMO.

It’s a tired cliche but I genuinely mean it when I say “first name on the team sheet” for me at the minute - and the fact that that could be in any one of about four positions is not to his detriment, quite the opposite. Easily player of the season so far, there’s nobody else really worth considering besides Iorfa who’s been really solid last few games, and Vaulks who seems to switch between quietly solid and just quiet.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

Let’s be honest he’s our most consistent trier AND our most consistent performer at the moment. Has been for a few months actually.

The ‘trier’ part is nothing new - to his immense credit - but it seems he’s also become more effective over 90min than he tended to be in previous seasons (lack of goals notwithstanding), whereas before he’d have plenty of moments but often felt better suited to a tactical sub role in many fixtures. Whether that’s because the level of those alongside him has dropped or not is a moot point IMO.

It’s a tired cliche but I genuinely mean it when I say “first name on the team sheet” for me at the minute - and the fact that that could be in any one of about four positions is not to his detriment, quite the opposite. Easily player of the season so far, there’s nobody else really worth considering besides Iorfa who’s been really solid last few games, and Vaulks who seems to switch between quietly solid and just quiet.

Immense tonight  , we miss that energy when he’s not about , still early but my player of the year up to now 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Chansiri is king said:

Immense tonight  , we miss that energy when he’s not about , still early but my player of the year up to now 

Vaulks tonight for me but yeah I’d absolutely hate playing against Paterson most weeks, and we desperately need five more players to say that about

Edited by Mr. Tom
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Mr. Tom said:

Vaulks tonight for me but yeah I’d absolutely hate playing against Paterson most weeks, and we desperately need five more players to say that about

Agree on Vaulks, I thought that substitution when he came off ruined our chances of getting something out of the game, how wrong I was.

Think that right side is a good position for Paterson in the 4-3-3/4-5-1. 

• Like 1