The Biggest Wage Thief In Football Today

BIG D

2 hours ago, Django said:

He was basically just a goal machine that did nothing else. When he stopped scoring goals 7 years ago it’s like playing with 10 men 

Yep.

When we signed him, I asked a Blackburn fan about him and couldn't believe how lukewarm they were on him, given the goals he scored.

Everything they said turned out to be true, though: he contributes next to nothing outside the penalty box and his teammates will have to do all the leg work for him.

You could maybe accommodate him when he was bagging plenty of goals, but once they dried up, it was painful to watch him at times.

• Like 1

Worse signing in the clubs history.

And for his die hard fans, yes he did get opportunities- more than he deserved - and we did try him with various strike partners and tactics . 

The lad just didn't seem up for it, various managers obviously saw nothing in training from him either.

I just wonder if he had personal or mental health issues. Guess we'll never know and it's irrelevant now. 

I have never seen such a highly rated striker be so utterly mediocre at holding the ball up, linking play and so forth. 

He had some decent games for us, but more often than not it was so underwhelming watching him play. 

My favourite Jordan Rhodes fact...

17% of Jordan Rhodes' Wednesday goals came in a 37 minute spell against Nottingham Forest, scoring a goal every 12.3 minutes, whereas the remaining 15 were spread over the other 5011 minutes he played in a Wednesday shirt, at a rate of one every 334 minutes.

Still - what a 37 minutes they were, eh?

:duntmatter:

4 hours ago, scram said:

TBH i'm rarely keen on the term "wage thief" for players - they sign contracts willingly and freely put in front of them

Not Rhodes fault so many people have overrated him as a player

It would be good to see him actually give a poo though. Never seen a player go through the motions like he does. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, BIG D said:

It would be good to see him actually give a poo though. Never seen a player go through the motions like he does. 

I think the issue with Rhodes is that he has never been anything that a goal poacher - he's never really had anything else to his game

So, when the goals are flowing it's fine cos nobody cares - but when the goals dry up he is offering nothing because he doesn't offer anything else

Not his fault - just the way his game is and it seems some folk in the game are hoping they're the one that can resurrect his goalscoring capability

Maybe dropping a level will do that for him - to some extent - but we're probably looking at the last knockings of his career

• Like 3