Touchel sacked at Chelsea.

6 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

Career suicide for Potter 

Imagine going to a club knowing you could be sacked within 5-10 games if results drop

Reputation also damaged as a result. He should hold out for a club whose owners present more stability 

I’m really not sure that it would adversely affect Potters reputation if he went to Chelsea and got shipped out quickly. It seems to be par for the course at Chelsea and directors / chairmen of other clubs will be well aware of this when considering managerial appointments.

For instance, Everton were more than happy to appoint Lampard despite his earlier “failure” at Chelsea.

I really don’t think Potter has anything to lose by moving to Chelsea if he gets offered the opportunity.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Morepork said:

I find myself wanting every team with American ownership to have the maximum expenditure to failure ratio!!! 

It usually happens - Man Utd, Villa, Marseille, all big clubs with or had US owners that are not hitting the expected heights. 

Maybe Liverpool are the anomaly, but they had a shaky period with Hi La and Gillett

In a way it's good to see one of the top clubs go all in on a British manager. 

Just a shame it's Chelsea, who I described on here yesterday as being the next dinosaur club on a clueless fast track to where Man United are now. 

Can see why he's taking it but almost nothing about it feels right. 

• Like 1

It will be interesting to see who Brighton go for next as their record with recruiting managers and players has been excellent of late.

Russell Martin is an early favourite with my in laws as he is a Brighton lad. 

I wondered if they would go for Frank at Brentford.  

Huge decision for them as it could see them continue to prosper or start to decline 

Can't turn it down though if you're Potter. Champions league football, some of the leagues best players, and probably tripling/quadrupling his wages. If he fails his stock will still be high, Brighton are one of the best teams in the league to watch he'd easily pick up another prem club if it goes ******** up at Chelsea

Just now, Skyline said:

If so, they may want to wait a couple of weeks. Won't have to pay compo once he's sacked. 

I don’t get the growing hostility from the Leicester fans. He’s had great success there and it’s the lack of support from the owners which is to blame for their current slump