Touchel sacked at Chelsea.

Not surprised one bit. Spends a gazillion pounds on defenders and can't keep clean sheets and has been playing with Sterling/Havertz as a centre forward then has to desperately sign a past it centre forward to make up for having no established number 9. All that money to spend and neglected the most important position for the first 6 weeks of the season. 

Writing a bit on the wall imo. 

They were pretty hit and miss last season, though he could have easily won two trophies (lost both cup finals on penalties). 

Pretty sure he's not in charge of the recruitment now and they are just signing anyone who becomes available. 

Tbf, he would have been a goner long before now were the Roman still in charge. 

17 minutes ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

Not surprised one bit. Spends a gazillion pounds on defenders and can't keep clean sheets and has been playing with Sterling/Havertz as a centre forward then has to desperately sign a past it centre forward to make up for having no established number 9. All that money to spend and neglected the most important position for the first 6 weeks of the season. 

I doubt he has had any input into player signings. The new owners seem wackier than Abramovich.

They know Pochettino is available so that's why they haven't waited too long before pulling the trigger.

Probably another manager that won't mind being sacked ; reports are saying that he has become less engaged with the board and players. He walks away now with his reputation relatively intact - he's a champions league winner there - and he will have trousered a couple of million in compo.

He can have a break, then come back for the first high profile vacancy that emerges. I'm not talking Villa or Everton,  he's better than that. 

Chelsea look like the next big directionless dinosaur in the Premier League. Like a fast track scheme to where Man United are. New ownership seems to be playing fantasy football and not sure there's much of a plan behind it.

Strange how it's all unfolded. A couple of years ago they looked like they were cherry picking one of the best young squads in Europe, seem miles away from that now all of a sudden.

Just now, sheffield_dave said:

Chelsea look like the next big directionless dinosaur in the Premier League. Like a fast track scheme to where Man United are. New ownership seems to be playing fantasy football and not sure there's much of a plan behind it.

Strange how it's all unfolded. A couple of years ago they looked like they were cherry picking one of the best young squads in Europe, seem miles away from that now all of a sudden.

I know what you mean, they seem to have a worse team now than last season, despite a huge outlay.

Cucceralla  -  Didn't need him

Sterling  -  an upgrade on Pulisic, Hudson-Odoi, Werner and Ziyech...but two of them are still at the club, and is THAT much of a priority position?

Aubamayang  - Ridiculous signing of a player past his best, and no way a good signing for a Champions Leauge/Premier League contender

Koulibaly  -  Not as good as Rudiger or Christenson

Fofana  - Bit of a gamble, his attitude would worry me , is it a bit too much too soon?

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

Meant to be going for Potter at Brighton. Very good manager, is Chelsea to big a step up though? 

Possibly. 

I suppose one of the points with clubs like Brighton and Brentford is they have their structure in place, but the manager/head coach will have had a lot of say in all of that. These clubs are built for someone like Potter, Frank etc., to really excel and thrive. 

Will he get that at Chelsea? A much bigger club not only brings a much higher level of expectation, but a whole lot of politics and bullsh*t that he will have not had to deal with previously. 

If managing a top club came down solely to being a great coach, then Potter would be a shoo in for most top jobs. Unfortunately, it often entails an awful lot more than that. 

25 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

I know what you mean, they seem to have a worse team now than last season, despite a huge outlay.

Cucceralla  -  Didn't need him

Sterling  -  an upgrade on Pulisic, Hudson-Odoi, Werner and Ziyech...but two of them are still at the club, and is THAT much of a priority position?

Aubamayang  - Ridiculous signing of a player past his best, and no way a good signing for a Champions Leauge/Premier League contender

Koulibaly  -  Not as good as Rudiger or Christenson

Fofana  - Bit of a gamble, his attitude would worry me , is it a bit too much too soon?

Not sure I agree. 

Cucerella is a good buy

Sterling, as you said better then what he replaced In the squad

Fofana and Kouliably similar capabilities to Rudiger and Christensen

Aubamayeng, not what he was, but better than playing Havertz there

The young CM from Villa a calculated gamble. 

Actually think their recruitment has been much better than expected, all things considered 

22 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Possibly. 

I suppose one of the points with clubs like Brighton and Brentford is they have their structure in place, but the manager/head coach will have had a lot of say in all of that. These clubs are built for someone like Potter, Frank etc., to really excel and thrive. 

Will he get that at Chelsea? A much bigger club not only brings a much higher level of expectation, but a whole lot of politics and bullsh*t that he will have not had to deal with previously. 

If managing a top club came down solely to being a great coach, then Potter would be a shoo in for most top jobs. Unfortunately, it often entails an awful lot more than that. 

SSN reporting that Brighton have given Chelsea permission to speak to him.

No brainer for him?

Huge hike in wages?

Huge hike in severance pay if/when he gets acked?

3 minutes ago, darra said:

SSN reporting that Brighton have given Chelsea permission to speak to him.

No brainer for him?

Huge hike in wages?

Huge hike in severance pay if/when he gets acked?

He has to go for it doesn't he. 

Might be his only chance to manage a truly elite club. 

Whether it works out for him or not is another thing.

Edited by SiJ