5 goals conceded

4 minutes ago, TheSlicer said:

All sloppy goals. Am I right in thinking 5 headers? 

vast improvements needed 

5 unchallenged headers, all crossed from our left.

Edited by mogbad
  • Like 2

Centre backs used to playing in a back 2 playing in a 3.

Wing backs left isolated.

Central Midfielders not doing their bit defensively. 

New Goalkeeper causing uncertainty on crosses. 

All contributed to the goals we’ve conceded, and now dictating how teams play against us. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, mrgund said:

Yep. All crosses from the right as well. 

2 minutes ago, mogbad said:

5 unchallenged headers, all crossed frommour left.

Yeah opposites right, our left. 

Indont want to be calling for a managers head 4 games in, and I’m not, but from a former defender I want better! 

• Thanks 1

All 5 crosses from the left. All 5 uncontested headers in or around our 6 yard box. All five Johnson and Iorfa were on the pitch. For four Henegan gets pulled to the LHS, which I’m not sure he needs to e.g. a bit of ball watching.

For me:

Johnson is having a terrible start to the season. He never, I mean never stops a cross coming in. I’m not suggesting he is a left back, but his effort levels in defending are criminal. Given he is offering little going forward, he cannot continue in the team for me.

Palmer has to start at left centre back of a three and Ike right. Palmer stops the cross much more often, Ike wins the header much more than Iorfa. 

Henegan has got to stop getting dragged to the left and defend the box. I was taught that from a very early age.

Dawson needs to come in for Stockdale. Stockdale was calamity on crosses tonight.

Before going down to ten men, I don’t think a single cross came in, despite them trying to attack us down that side. The Johnson / Iorfa combo does not work…

22 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

Centre backs used to playing in a back 2 playing in a 3.

Wing backs left isolated.

Central Midfielders not doing their bit defensively. 

New Goalkeeper causing uncertainty on crosses. 

All contributed to the goals we’ve conceded, and now dictating how teams play against us. 

All our CBs played in a back 3 last season. Including the new signings we’ve made. 

• Like 1

Any manager who’s team will be playing us will watch us play and simply tell their players to get at our left back. He clearly can’t defend and if they get enough crosses into the box they should get some joy in front of goal.

Failing to sort out this defence was Moore’s biggest failing last season and there are absolutely no excuses as to why we are still conceding these soft goals.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Definitely a concern. Iorfa does worry me, I don’t understand why he has so much trouble with this now. I can’t remember it being a huge weakness in his game before. 

Not stopping the crosses today is slightly less criminal due to us being down to 10 men so of course there is going to be more space for them to get crosses. Still something we need to be working on defensively. 

4 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

All our CBs played in a back 3 last season. Including the new signings we’ve made. 

Heneghan played a handful of times and Iorfa was awful when we switched from a two (Him & Hutchinson) to a three. 

Ihiekwe played consistently in a three but as the middle man, not where he’s playing for us. Hutchinson & Dunkley showed in their performances last season that the difference between playing in the middle of the 3, and playing either side makes a huge difference. 

5 minutes ago, Weshallovercome said:

it's no surprise every goal follows a cross from the right, Johnson is that vvank I'm starting to miss Reach.

Poor management take look at goals against and goal for in open play this is not promotion 

58 minutes ago, mogbad said:

5 unchallenged headers, all crossed from our left.

Yep- but someone must point this out to Moore.  He clearly spends.more time watching opposition to get frightened by them than analysing us and our frailty.   Earn your money Moore, you don't just have to play everyone and anyone to pick up your pay packet!!