Moore

23 minutes ago, Half time Bovril said:

FFS Peterborough are fancied to be up there. The sending off changed the game.

You don't get much better than Peterborough.  We did well to keep it at 2-0

• Haha 4

51 minutes ago, Night King said:

No chance we finish top 2 under him, he’s a nice guy and his vision is top quality, he sadly just doesn’t have enough to back it up. Way too cautious at times, tactically poor and still no real plan b. 

He is wnak..tonight proved it..

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Manwë said:

You don't get much better than Peterborough.  We did well to keep it at 2-0

Your joking take a look at our team wagers we should be much better let’s jyy it at accept mediocracy 

Not thought he was good enough since last summer.... so no point not being up front about that.... 

I think give him 3 more games.... if not looking any better start looking then 3 more games after that.... if still not showing he's changed then replace him.

Nice bloke but can't be given good long or we will be stuck down here another season.... 

It in some ways it just needs a few tweaks in defence but he can't seem to do it.

There are other problems with his selection, substitutions and tactics too... 

1 hour ago, Kendo Nagasaki said:

Agree with most of that bud, but wtf was he thinking taking Byers off, we had no pace up front so needed to look after the ball in midfield. The only one of the 3 starting midfielders capable of that was Byers, thought it was crying out for Windass or Bannan to replace Patterson and provide a link into Gregory. UTO 

Actually couldn’t agree more, that said none of us are perfect and I reckon if more looked back I think he will realised he made a mistake taking Byers off.

I agree with the sentiment of a lot of people on here that we looked ok with Pato at RWB and I think he rushed the decision to bring Iorfa on when he could have waited til half time to review the lay of the land.

in reality after the sending off though I stand by that whatever Moore did it would be an uphill battle

• Love 1

Just seen the goals.... forget what I said about giving him so many games. SACK HIM NOW

UNBELIEVABLE TWO FREE HEADERS AGAIN

Both had free headers from crosses and no marking. Not even close to them!!! 

Shocking how its possible to keep having this happen. Really weird, it's a basic thing to mark an attacker in the box and not to stand off them or let them walk away from you. 

Moore out 

Happy clappers... watch those goals and tell me how it's not f#@kin UNBELIEVABLE he hasn't sorted this after so very long

• Like 4

FDB - 60 mins against Charlton, unused sub tonight. 
Denis - not in the squad against Charlton, unused sub tonight. 
bannan - unused sub tonight. 

the starting 11 wasn’t too bad, any of the 6 centre mids I am happy with, but we have 3 on the bench, and we can use 5 subs. BLOODY USE THEM. Bringing Iorfa and Sow on when these 3 are unused subs is mind blowing. These 3 could be a centre mid trio in the championship, why are they sat on their arses for 90 minutes in league 1?! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Miruic said:

I do find it funny how this used as an insult and not a compliment. 😆

Because this is LG1  its does not need to be complicated or clever. Just pick your best team, attacking formation and stop tip tapping the ball in our half. 

• Like 1

TBF we played well until the red. 

I just couldn’t understand playing 522. We completely sacrificed midfield. When we got the ball into Paterson & Gregory they 2 central players were sat deep protecting and the wing backs were part of a back 5 so we couldn’t get up the pitch. 

It needed to be a 441. 2 solid banks across the pitch to frustrate and when we got the ball into a striker they had a winger either side. It also would of counteracted the 2v1 overloads constantly being created out wide which teams are exposing against Wednesday. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, NeonLeon said:

Far too cautious with a team loaded with the players we’ve got. 

He’s a modern manager. More interested in protecting our weaknesses than playing to our strengths. 

Absolutely - did the same thing myself when a teenage captain of a mens cricket team - picked and played people to stifle the game not win it - had two results - the “risky/ gifted” players lost out and should have played as they took wickets and were class acts as well as  the others lost belief because I was saying to them I don’t trust you to score 200+ to win - should the risky ones not come off etc - an old pro took me one side explained this - I changed and we won more than we lost plus the group were better with me and themselves - Mr Moore take note - play those that can win you the game - last night bench was filled with our most capable - Boro must have laughed their socks off !

On the red card when it happens that early and you’ve lost a defender it’s not a bad move to then shore the defence up. The issue was more that we didn’t then have that solidity. So if we were going to try and get a point or maybe try and nick it via a set play then it would be parking the bus and making it very difficult to get two soft headers in. A 0-0 wouldve been a good result but we didn’t defend like a team looking for one

Some of the reaction is over the top , but equally the apologists are really pushing the envelope as well.

Just in the last 12 hours on here

The red card wasn`t DM,s fault

The Byers / Smith spat wasn`t DM,s fault

Allowing free headers wasn`t DM,s fault

Paterson not being a natural striker isn`t DM,s fault

• Like 2