Moore

34 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Yep.

There's a lot to like about Moore's management of the club, and our form during the second half of last season was brilliant.

But the way we've started this season has been a bit concerning: he spoke about having greater tactical flexibility, but thus far when it's been apparent that teams are targeting us with crosses into the box, very little has changed and it's cost us. 

His interview after last night's game concerned me a bit: he seems to be trying to excuse our defensive lapses because they're no longer coming from set plays, as if that somehow makes it better.

I'm still hopeful that he'll get it right, but he needs to sort the glaring issues soon, because there's no way we'll get automatic promotion unless he does.

Go 4-4-1 last night and we might have got a point 

Two banks of four is very difficult to break down even with the extra man...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Harrysgame said:

Because this is LG1  its does not need to be complicated or clever. Just pick your best team, attacking formation and stop tip tapping the ball in our half. 

Aren’t we pretty much the top goals scorers in the top four leagues during 2022? Don’t understand where this idea we don’t attack comes from. 

• Like 2

"Peterborough top team" - Morecambe and Cheltenham they've played.

"Peterborough among the favourites" - Wednesday are/were the favourites.

"Peterborough are a championship side" - aye, a bit like ours last season but what was a hindrance to us then that had to be bottomed out from freefall is a positive for Peterborough now.

"Would have won if not for the sending off" - Other teams can use it as a spur. Top top teams don't get flustered, they still go for the kill.  Wednesday played 60 minutes for a draw.  

"It's only four games" - actually it's 76 for Moore, but who's counting anymore?

"Are still getting to know each other" - Funny how other teams know each other already.  Only Wednesday are total strangers still.   Can't possibly expect defenders and the goalkeeper to talk to each other a few yards away, they are shy in social situations.

I've also seen on this forum about someone moving from "a different part of the UK" as potential reason for a poor performance.  

Keep the excuses coming, it's quite funny.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Manwë said:

"Peterborough top team" - Morecambe and Cheltenham they've played.

"Peterborough among the favourites" - Wednesday are/were the favourites.

"Peterborough are a championship side" - aye, a bit like ours last season but what was a hindrance to us then that had to be bottomed out from freefall is a positive for Peterborough now.

"Would have won if not for the sending off" - Other teams can use it as a spur. Top top teams don't get flustered, they still go for the kill.  Wednesday played 60 minutes for a draw.  

"It's only four games" - actually it's 76 for Moore, but who's counting anymore?

"Are still getting to know each other" - Funny how other teams know each other already.  Only Wednesday are total strangers still.   Can't possibly expect defenders and the goalkeeper to talk to each other a few yards away, they are shy in social situations.

I've also seen on this forum about someone moving from "a different part of the UK" as potential reason for a poor performance.  

Keep the excuses coming, it's quite funny.

Yes the penny will drop that we won’t get promoted by the Fanbase being ‘positive’

we don’t attend training,and are not on the pitch.

• Like 1

Guest Jack the Hat
9 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

Our current issue is that we don’t have the right defenders to play a back three that’s comfortable in possession. However, because DM lacks a plan B, we also don’t have the players to change formation.

We’re a bit snookered. 

He wants to play a back 3 and he has bought most of the defenders and got rid of other ones. 

7 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

Our current issue is that we don’t have the right defenders to play a back three that’s comfortable in possession. However, because DM lacks a plan B, we also don’t have the players to change formation.

We’re a bit snookered. 

This is a major point. Tactically we set up each game to play 3 at the back and pass it out from the back. Realistically though, it seems (so far at least) we have signed CBs who either cant or arent comfortable/very good playing that way. That lies with Moore and nobody else.

58 minutes ago, Roscoe P. Coltrane said:

Yep.

He seems totally wedded to this back three now.

When it works, it's great, but we're getting caught out down the flanks far too often at the moment.

Either we find a way to address this weakness, or we might need a rethink similar to last season's (in reverse, ironically) in order to get the best out of the squad on a consistent basis.

I'd favour the tactical flexibility he apparently wants, myself.

Hopefully we start to see it soon.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

We’re a bit snookered. 

I thought last night they were very comfortable on the ball. Though Peterborough didn’t press like Charlton.

Our problems were basic defending.

1 hour ago, Roscoe P. Coltrane said:

Agreed, and it was interesting that Pearson was thinking the same.  I know he’s not a manager but just interesting that some who follow football have a different view to Moore. 

I see Moore has said he wanted to keep two strikers up top and he thought 2 central midfielders could handle the workload. But 5-2-2 seems a difficult formation to pull off for an hour without getting yourself into trouble.  

441, control the ball in midfield with Byers or Bannan, with Windass or sow up top on the counter would have been a more sensible approach. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

Yes, but this doesn’t fit in with the anti-Moore rhetoric.

Being top goal scorers doesnt mean that the man cant still held accountable as being tactically naive. Especially when it comes to addressing the issues we have, or those that unfold during a game. The two arent exclusive.

And just so its clear, im not in the Moore out brigade, i just want the man to actually learn to manage games better and to address the very obvious problems there are. He cant keep just saying we know theres things to address and then keep making silly decisions and playing the same old way. 

2 hours ago, Jack the Hat said:

We are coming to the end of his 3rd transfer window and we are still short in defence and up top. The defence looks considerably worse than last season. Dc has backed him so I’m fed up if that excuse. We look rudderless.

Window not shut yet, huge 2 weeks to add and complete the squad to push for promotion.

considerably worse defence I don't agree but I feel a Dean type signing would be ideal, a leader in the back.

4 hours ago, Jack the Hat said:

We are coming to the end of his 3rd transfer window and we are still short in defence and up top. The defence looks considerably worse than last season. Dc has backed him so I’m fed up if that excuse. We look rudderless.

‘DC has backed him’ 

How many players has Moore actually spent money on?